Mattel Is Hiring an Associate Manager of Public Relations
Mattel, Inc., is seeking an Associate Manager of Public Relations to join the world’s leading toy company. This position is located at Mattel’s Worldwide Headquarters in beautiful and sunny El Segundo, California.
The Associate Brand PR Manager will create, manage, and execute public relations campaigns on behalf of the Mattel Brands portfolio. This individual will also assist in managing external PR agencies in the implementation of campaigns, as well as all of the associated day-to-day activities utilizing internal and external resources to develop press and collateral materials, execute media events, and media relations strategies, which include traditional and social media designed to generate positive brand/product publicity, and measure effectiveness of campaigns by analyzing and reporting results.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate and partner with marketing, promotions, design, and legal teams, and when appropriate licensors/licensees, to create, process, and distribute press materials as well as pitch points and messaging
- Assist with media relations strategies that effectively deliver quality coverage
- Audit key media and traditional/social media influencers regularly to stay on top of industry trends or hot button issues
- Assist in managing all aspects of media events
Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, or Public Relations is required.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum 3–5 years of experience working in Public Relations at an agency or in-house with consumer brands/products
- The ideal individual must have the ability to persuade, influence, and articulate messaging to key opinion leaders across various mediums covering the toy industry and ancillary industries
- Strong written and verbal communications skills required, as well as flawless editing skills
- Specialized traditional and social media knowledge, presentation skills, and ability to interface with all levels of management and key decision makers
- Meticulous attention to detail and a proven track record in completing tasks and projects efficiently and thoroughly
- Displays a high level of professionalism and enthusiasm
Candidates can apply directly at: http://sh.webhire.com/servlet/av/jd?ai=321&ji=2643505&sn=I .