Razor USA, LLC Is Hiring a Boys’ Toy Designer
Razor USA, LLC has an immediate need for an experienced, self-motivated boys’ toy designer to join our New Brands Group, which is based in Cerritos, Calif. This position will support both existing and new boys’ toy brands. This role will require supporting the New Brands team by creating and communicating toy designs. The ideal candidate will have proven toy design success working on challenging and fun projects at another toy or children’s product company.
• Help generate new ideas as part of the design and brand development toy team
• Create and develop toy products geared toward the boy toy market
• Design and develop new toy vehicles
• Support brand team with toy design renderings
• Present and communicate ideas effectively to design and marketing team
• Communicate with staff overseas (in English)
• Participate in brainstorming meetings
• Help the girl toy design team, if needed
Attributes Needed to Be Successful:
• Strong demonstrated creative thinking abilities
• Problem solver, and a “get things done” mentality
• Team player
• Strong listening skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment with a small team, and be flexible
Job Requirements and Skills:
• BA or BS in Toy Design, Industrial Design, or Product Design
• Two or more years of professional design/product development experience, preferably working in a toy or children’s products company
• Experience in boys’ toy design and knowledge and interest of trends in boys’ toys
• Sketching and rendering abilities
• Proficient in all phases of design process—preliminary, development and production
• Able to develop complete control drawings and technical specifications with an understanding of structure and internals
• Knowledge of boy play patterns and boy toy categories
• Some knowledge of boy child development
• Strong visual communication skills
• Proficient in sketch development, presentation renderings, and physical mock-ups
• CAD program experience. Working knowledge of 3D, Rhino, Solid Works, Freeform, and ProEngineer are a plus
• Solid command of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator programs
Please provide a link or a PDF file of your portfolio.
Interested candidates should send their resumes to email@example.com.
About Razor USA, LLC
The Razor brand embodies the spirit of fun and freedom. It defies boundaries and sometimes even gravity. The company was founded in 2000 with the introduction of its now legendary kick scooter, which quickly became an essential ride for anyone on the go. Today, Razor products are available worldwide, with a full range of wheeled goods to inspire and excite riders everywhere.
Razor USA, LLC is growing as a toy company, introducing innovation and play value to enliven classic toy categories. The New Brands division of Razor is dedicated to the development of delightful and innovative toys that deliver ultimate play value for both boys and girls. Since 2011, we have successfully launched new international brands including Vapor and Pony Royale, with several brands targeted for launch in 2013 and 2014.