Toy Industry Foundation Launches Auction to Benefit Kids in Need
The Toy Industry Foundation (TIF) announced the launch of its second annual auction with Charitybuzz—the online charity auction marketplace—featuring unique experiences and exclusive items, including a meet-and-greet with entrepreneur Mark Cuban in Dallas and a rare, highly sought-after Karl Lagerfeld Barbie doll from Mattel. Bids may be placed online through September 30, 2015. All proceeds from the auction will help fund TIF toy and grant distribution programs benefitting children in need around the world.
“We invite toy and play lovers to participate in this one-of-a-kind auction and support TIF’s mission of delivering the magic of play to millions of kids who are impoverished, in foster care, living on a military base, or battling illness,” said Jean Butler, TIF executive director. “Every dollar raised through this initiative will help bring comfort and a sense of healing to the lives of so many deserving children.”
Open now through Wednesday, September 30, the auction features:
- A meet-and-greet with Mark Cuban at Fall Toy Preview on Monday, October 5 in Dallas
- The Barbie Karl Lagerfeld Sold-Out Limited Edition Doll
- A private lunch with Soren Torp Laursen, president of LEGO Systems, Inc., and a tour of LEGO headquarters in Connecticut
- Tickets and a pre-show character meet-and-greet to Sesame Street Live
- A one-hour private family tour of the UC San Diego Robotics Lab with professor Thomas Bewley and president of WowWee USA, Peter Yanofsky
- The ultimate Thomas & Friends experience, including four tickets to the new Thomas Land theme park, exclusive apparel, and special-edition toys
To view and bid on any of the lots, visit TIF’s Charitybuzz auction page.