The Toy Industry Association is hiring a Communications Specialist/Content Developer.
Summary of Position
The TIA Communications Specialist/Content Developer will play an active role in achieving the Association’s public relations objectives by facilitating the development and delivery of editorial content to target audiences and ensuring that all messages are current and consistent with the Association’s objectives and goals.
The responsibilities of this position shall include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in the development of editorial content (research, write, and edit) for print and online communications, including web copy, research presentations, trade articles, media talking points, industry statements, and more. [Content will span a diverse range of topics including meetings and events (e.g., Toy Fair); trends about toys and play; safety; philanthropy; government/advocacy activities at the state, federal and global levels; education; advertising and marketing to children; environmental sustainability issues and global trade.]
- Identifying, securing and managing the re-publication of third-party research, statistics, and safety-related content.
- As needed, developing content for presentations, speeches, and bylined articles from TIA staff and volunteer leaders.
- Developing, tracking and evaluating metrics for areas of responsibility.
- Supporting implementation of the TIA communications strategy, media relations program, program-specific business, and marketing plans and related activities.
- Supporting the development and management of strategic editorial partnerships.
- Assist in event management of TIA special events including but not limited to TIA Centenary, Toy of the Year Awards, etc.
This position interfaces with:
- Toy Industry Association and Toy Industry Foundation staff and vendors
- TIA Board of Directors, members, and non-member industry contacts
- Industry Influencers (play experts, industry contacts, researchers, etc.)
- Trade (domestic and international) contacts
- Media (when appropriate)
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required (concentration in journalism, communications, or marketing preferred); further study a plus
- At least five years relevant experience; experience in a public relations agency, news, or media outlet, corporate communications department or not-for-profit association preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; media relations experience a plus
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, execute decisions, and work under stringent deadlines
- Strong project management, organizational, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Capable of building productive relationships with key stakeholders both domestic and international
- Capacity to assume more significant responsibilities over time
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office) required; database experience preferred
- Position may require overtime to meet deadlines or support meetings and events
- Position may require travel in U.S. and/or abroad
- A portfolio of writing samples—including but not limited to examples of press releases, news articles, and promotional text—will be required for consideration.
Interested candidates can contact Angela Oliveri at firstname.lastname@example.org