WWE Network Launches February 24
WWE Network, the first-ever 24/7 streaming network, will launch live in the U.S. on Monday, February 24, featuring all 12 WWE live pay-per-view events—including WrestleMania—valued at more than $600 per year for $9.99 per month with a six-month commitment. WWE Network will also include original programming, reality shows, documentaries, classic matches, and more than 1,500 hours of video on demand at launch.
Fans can subscribe to WWE Network beginning at 9am ET on Monday, February 24 at WWE.com, and for a limited time will be offered a free one week trial. WWE Network, the first 24/7 network delivered directly to fans through digital distribution, will be available on desktops and laptops via WWE.com. WWE Network will also be available through the WWE App on: Amazon’s Kindle Fire devices; Android devices such as Samsung Galaxy; iOS devices such as Apple iPad and iPhone; Roku streaming devices; Sony PlayStation 3 and Sony PlayStation 4; and Xbox 360. Availability on additional devices, including Xbox One and select Smart TVs, will follow this summer.
WWE Network will also offer fans a second screen experience for all original programming and live events via the WWE App, similar to the interactive fan experience currently available for flagship TV programs Raw and SmackDown.
WWE collaborated with MLB Advanced Media (MLBAM) to deliver 24/7 WWE content to fans. MLBAM will provide its technology services, including video streaming infrastructure, application development, and operational support for reliable cross-platform distribution.
WWE Network is expected to launch in the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, and the Nordics by the end of 2014/early 2015.
Top Videos on TimetoPlayMag.com
The team at TimetoPlayMag.com produced countless videos this year. Those videos live on TimetoPlayMag.com, TimetoPlayMag.com’s YouTube channel, and are shared across TTP’s social media channels as well as the websites and social media channels of numerous toy companies. Our team is sharing its top-rated listings this week. For Tuesday’s lists click here.
Top 25 Videos in 2013 as Produced by TimetoPlayMag.com:
Video view numbers were recorded in late 2013 and have increased since that time.
1. Little Mommy Bubbly Bathtime from Mattel – 6,248,334 views
2. Minnie Mouse Bow-tique Minnie’s Pet Salon from Fisher-Price – 1,735,525 views
3. Play-Doh Sweet Shoppe Frosting Fun Bakery from Hasbro – 995,902 views
4. Thomas & Friends Bath Buddies from Fisher-Price – 858,776 views
5. Imaginext Monsters University Scare Floor from Fisher-Price – 629,501 views
6. Minnie Mouse Bow-tique Minnie Beach Pack from Fisher-Price – 588,744 views
7. Disney Baby Amazing Animals Finding Nemo Rollin’ Round Ramp from Fisher-Price – 498,726 views
8. Minnie Mouse Birthday Bow-tique from Fisher-Price – 411,760 views
9. Doc McStuffins Magnetic Activity Fun Kit from Tara Toy – 390,933 views
10. Play-Doh Rapunzel Hair Designs from Hasbro – 388,870 views
11. Little Tikes DiscoverSounds Sports Center from MGA Entertainment – 370,572 views
12. Teen Beach Movie Musical Lela from Just Play – 361,715 views
13. Fubbles No Spill Bubble Guitar from Little Kids – 314,908 views
14. VW Camper Van Play Tent from The Monster Factory – 310,097 views
15. Play-Doh Plus 8-pack from Hasbro – 292,137 views
16. Doc McStuffins Get Better Check up Center from Just Play – 287,517 views
17. Doc McStuffins Big Book of Boo Boos Sticker ’n Stamp Activity Toys from Tara Toy – 250,263 views
18. Little Tikes Clearly Sports Baseball from MGA Entertainment – 239,320 views
19. Little Tikes Garden Table from MGA Entertainment – 235,131 views
20. Air Hogs AtmoSphere from Spin Master – 229,193 views
21. Servin’ Surprises Tea Party Set from Fisher-Price – 228,122 views
22. Thomas & Friends Wooden Railway Farmhouse Pig Parade from Fisher-Price – 227,807 views
23. Bubble Guppies Rock & Roll Stage from Fisher-Price – 226,166 views
24. Teen Beach Movie Musical McKenzie from Just Play – 219,044 views
25. FurReal Friends Cuddles My Giggly Monkey from Hasbro – 218,533 views
Top Views of Licensed Toys in December 2013
Video view numbers were recorded in late 2013 and have increased since that time.
1. Disney Frozen Castle & Ice Playset from Mattel – 72,763 views
2. Doc McStuffins Rockin’ Doc Sing-Along Boom Box from eKids – 62,626 views
3. Play-Doh Rapunzel Hair Designs from Hasbro – 52,377 views
4. Imaginext DC Super Friends Batcave from Fisher-Price – 44,643 views
5. Disney Frozen Musical Magic Elsa from Mattel – 41,188 views
6. My First Disney Princess Under the Sea Surprise Ariel from Tollytots – 36,481 views
7. Doc McStuffins Get Better Check up Center from Just Play – 35,361 views
8. Marvel Wolverine Electronic Claw from Hasbro – 31,796 views
9. Strawberry Shortcake Baby Doll Care Center from Hauck – 27,175 views
10. Disney Frozen Musical Magic Anna from Mattel – 25,593 views
11. Bubble Guppies Swim-sational School from Fisher-Price – 25,535 views
12. Minnie Mouse Bow-tique Minnie’s Pet Salon from Fisher-Price – 23,131 views
Munchkin Acquires Brica
Munchkin, Inc., a manufacturer of infant and toddler products announced the purchase of Brica, Inc., an auto, home, and travel products company for babies and parents. The acquisition adds Brica’s travel portfolio, including auto sunshades and mirrors, to a Munchkin product portfolio that includes infant categories such as bath, care, safety, travel, and feeding.
Brica is a privately held company based in North Carolina with a 20-year history. Brica has recently expanded into new categories including stroller accessories, in-home accessories, bath products, and nursery accessories. Brica has distribution in all major U.S. brick and mortar and e-commerce retailers, according to the companies.
Swimways Acquires Spongex
Swimways Corp., a leader in the pool and leisure marketplace, announced that it is acquiring Spongex, LLC, makers of Aquaria luxury aquatic leisure products, from Nomaco, Inc. The acquisition includes the Spongex manufacturing plant in Tarboro, N.C. and its 45 employees.
Known for its Aqua Cell foam technology, an exclusive and made-in-the-USA custom closed-cell foam molding process, Spongex produces floats, loungers, and luxury noodle-shaped floats. The addition of the Spongex assortment to the Swimways portfolio will enhance the company’s collection of pool floats, including its top-selling Spring Float featuring patented inner-spring technology.
While the changeover to Swimways’ leadership began on January 1, 2014, the acquisition will not be noticeable at retail until 2015 when Spongex products will be distributed under the SwimWays brand, says the companies. Currently, Spongex products are sold at Sam’s Club, Leslie’s, Frontgate, and other specialty pool retailers nationwide. Swimways products, including its Spring Float, Toypedo, and Swim Steps brands, are distributed internationally at mass, sporting goods, and specialty pool retailers.
RLJ Entertainment in Deal with Fox for Murder on the Orient Express
Twentieth Century Fox has acquired film rights to the mystery novel Murder on the Orient Express from Acorn Productions Ltd./Agatha Christie Ltd., the UK-based rights holding production arm of RLJ Entertainment, Inc. The 1934 novel Murder on the Orient Express features detective, Hercule Poirot, investigating a murder on the Orient Express. Though no decision on writers or casting have been confirmed yet, Ridley Scott (Black Hawk Down, Gladiator), Mark Gordon (Saving Private Ryan), and Simon Kinberg (X-Men: First Class, Sherlock Holmes) will be producing the film.
Miguel Penella, CEO of RLJ Entertainment, said in a statement, “Since acquiring a majority share of Agatha Christie’s literary estate in February 2012, we have worked closely with Mathew Prichard, Christie’s grandson, to find the right studio and filmmakers to grow the Christie brand. We are excited to be working with Fox as well as Ridley Scott, Mark Gordon, and Simon Kinberg to produce a new, star-studded adaptation of one of the most well-known mystery novels of all time.”
Founded by Robert L. Johnson, RLJ Entertainment owns a 64 percent share in Agatha Christie Ltd., which manages Christie’s extensive literary works including more than 80 novels and short story collections, 19 plays, a film library of nearly 40 TV films, and iconic characters Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple. Agatha Christie’s grandson, Mathew Prichard, is chairman of Agatha Christie Ltd.