The Toy Authority, the leader in short form video focused on toys, announced today the winners of the 2022 People’s Play Awards. Consumers had cast their votes for their favorite toys across 17 categories helping to create a list of the most-wanted products just in time for the holiday shopping season.
“The high voter turnout showed the consumer’s passion for toys,” said Jim Silver, CEO of TTPM/ The Toy Authority. “While many categories were close, the current popularity of Squishmallows, LEGO, Barbie, and Hot Wheels really stood out. The People’s Play Awards are designed to amplify a variety of play patterns across different categories to help holiday shoppers see some of the most popular toys for this holiday season.”
“The toy category has always been “recession resistant” and expectations for the category are still very good for 2022,” said Silver. “2020 and 2021 were anomaly years because consumer shopper patterns were different due the pandemic and their kids being home. This holiday season will be more comparable to 2018 and 2019 in size and timing, as it will be a late shopping season with the majority of purchases made in the last three weeks.”
Winners were revealed by top influencers and some of The Toy Authority team. You can see all of the winners announced and the voting breakdown on TikTok and YouTube. For more information, please visit http://peoplesplayawards.com/.
The Toy Authority’s 2022 People’s Play Award Winners:
· Action Figure/Action Toy: Jurassic World Dominion Super Colossal Giganotosaurus Action Figure by Mattel
· Active Play: Connect 4 Hoops by Eastpoint Sports
· Art/Craft/Activity Toy: Kinetic Sand Swirl N’ Surprise by Spin Master
· Collectible Toy of the Year: Squishmallows by Jazwares
· Collectible Figure: The Batman Next Level Exclusive Die-cast Batman & Batmobile by Jada Toys
· Construction Toy: LEGO City Rocket Launch Center and Lunar Research Base by LEGO
· Doll of the Year: Barbie Cutie Reveal Doll by Mattel
· Educational Toy: Magic Adventures Microscope by LeapFrog
· Luxury Toy: LEGO Technic Ferrari Daytona SP3 by LEGO
· Game of the Year: The Magical World of Disney Trivia Game by PlayMonster and Connect 4 Spin Game by Hasbro (tie)
· Imaginative/Role Play Toy: Barbie 60th Celebration Dreamhouse by Mattel
· Kidult Toy: LEGO Atari 2600 by LEGO
· Outdoor Toy: Power Wheels Hot Wheels Racer Ride-On by Fisher Price
· Preschool Toy: Little People Hot Wheels Racing Loops Tower by Fisher Price
· Specialty Toy of the Year: Emory the Elephant Plush by Hugimals
· Stuffed Toy: Squishmallows Prehistoric Squad Plush by Jazwares
· Vehicle Toy: Hot Wheels Action Spiral Speed Crash Track Set by Mattel
Powered by TTPM (Toys, Tots, Pets & more) The Toy Authority is the leader in short form video focusing on toys on TikTok, IG Reels and YouTube shorts.