Toy and game company Hasbro and luxury fashion label Anya Hindmarch are proud to collaborate on the launch of the highly anticipated Anya Hindmarch x Mr. Potato Head capsule collection. The eight-piece capsule collection of small leather goods spotlights the cross-generational pop culture icon, Mr. Potato Head in his classic Derby hat, mustache and bright red nose. The collection is available now at Anya Hindmarch, Net a Porter, Matches
The Anya Hindmarch x Mr. Potato Head collection is made up of items for both men and women crafted from textured leather and other high-quality materials for a luxurious nod to the childhood staple. The full ranges include:
● Cross Body Mr. Potato Head (£525) in Multi Raffia with Black Smooth Eco Leather
● Key Fob Mr. Potato Head (£295) in Nutmeg Shiny Capra
● Ear Pods Pouch Mr. Potato Head (£325) in Nutmeg Shiny Capra
● Phone Pouch On Strap Mr. Potato Head (£425) in Nutmeg Shiny Capra with Ink
● Zip Card Case Mr. Potato Head (£275) in Ink Shiny Capra with Nutmeg
● Mini Trifold Mr. Potato Head (£325) in Ink Shiny Capra with Nutmeg
● Card Case Mr. Potato Head (£195) in Ink Shiny Capra with Nutmeg
● Envelope Purse Sticker Mr. Potato Head (£225) in Ink Shiny Capra with Nutmeg
Anya Hindmarch founded her business in London in 1987, which has since grown into a global brand known for its luxury, organization-obsessed accessories, groundbreaking work in sustainability and playful experiential retail concepts.
“A true pop culture icon with fans across generations, it’s important to us to keep joy at the center of all we do with Mr. Potato Head,” said Marianne James, Vice President, EMEA and Asia, Licensed Consumer Products at Hasbro. “This collaboration aligns perfectly with our north star Blueprint 2.0 strategy, allowing us to bring the brand to life for fans with Anya’s distinctly fun, lively and sustainable vision.”
Mr. Potato Head has been a childhood staple for more than 65 years and has consistently evolved to reflect the play patterns and values of today’s kids and families. The character has a long history of changing with the times, from surrendering his pipe as part of the Great American Smokeout in 1987, to giving up his “couch potato” lifestyle and receiving a Presidential Sports Award from the President’s Council on Physical Fitness and Sports in 1992, and more recently receiving a makeover and sprouting new legs in 2011.
As Hasbro continues to evolve its product line has also lessened its impact on the environment, and moved towards more sustainable materials, beginning with Mr. Potato Head, one of Hasbro’s most iconic characters.