Jakks Pacific, Inc., currently seeks an experienced Public Relations & Social Media Manager for its headquarters in Malibu, CA.
This position reports to the Vice President of Corporate Communications & Jakks Cares.
- Develop and execute an aggressive flow of public relations efforts to generate stories on company news, products, executives, and philanthropic efforts, with a goal of positioning Jakks in the spotlight, driving awareness of the products, and ultimately affecting sales at retail.
- Responsible for devising and executing a social media strategy in support of all key brands across various social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Flickr, Digg, and others.
- Leverage Jakks Cares Corporate Social Responsibility programs, including both in-kind and monetary giving, sponsorships, environmental initiatives, corporate citizenship, and employee engagement to generate significant media coverage on philanthropic programs for Jakks, its executives, and partners.
Tasks & Activities
- Conduct publicity campaigns for multiple brands and divisions through direct media pitching, product launch events, and trade shows generating media coverage that reach millions of people worldwide to drive sales.
- Execute key messaging through corporate news and product-related press releases, pitch letters, and interviews.
- Build press contacts list and place stories in national media outlets such as, Bloomberg, Associated Press, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, USA Today, CNNMoney.com, MSNBC Power Lunch, TIME Magazine, and many more.
- Work closely with marketing, sales, licensing, product development, legal, and licensors to maximize opportunities for product launches, key brand milestones, and retail sell-in programs.
- Manage relationships with licensors and their respective PR agencies on joint branding opportunities and events.
- Monitor and disseminate PR coverage through PR Status Reports to executives, marketing, and sales teams.
- Create, track, and maintain a social media strategy that brings awareness to Jakks and its products using social media and ultimately driving sales.
- Work with internal teams to create compelling viral campaigns to drive awareness and sales across all key brands and customers.
- Update and maintain brand and product content as it relates to Jakks social media areas.
- A minimum bachelor’s degree in Marketing/English/PR/Communications or Journalism preferred
- 5-plus years public relations and social media marketing experience
- Strong knowledge of public relations best practices and metrics
- Have strong communication skills and a highly professional manner with the motivation to pitch media
- Superior writing and editing skills and strong proofreading and grammar skills with a proven ability to create unique and compelling positioning and messaging.
- Demonstrated success in producing effective events, campaigns, multi-tasking, and project management skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of how to maintain and grow a social media presence across array of networks and technologies
Candidates can contact HR@Jakks.net. Candidates must include salary requirements with their cover letter to be considered.
Jakks Pacific offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, a comprehensive benefits plan to include a 401K plan, a casual and fun work environment, and an excellent career growth opportunity while working with a dynamic team who loves what they do and for a Company that ultimately makes children smile, play, and succeed!