Toronto-based XMG Studio, Inc., has three additional positions available. These are separate from last week’s listings. Each is posted below in no specific order.
• Act as a liaison between the development staff and executive staff
• Oversee creative and technical development of multiple game titles
• Develop and maintain schedules and budgets
• Schedule timely quality assurance
• Arrange for focus groups
• Arrange for localization
• Collect estimates from art, development, and QA leads to generate project schedules and set release dates
• Review schedules with management to ensure timely delivery for each milestone
• Collaborate with management to determine must-have features and acceptable release date adjustments
Experience and Skills
• Minimum of 3+ years experience in game development
• Proven track record in preparing and executing budgets and schedules
• Experience managing all aspects of production
• Team player with exceptional people skills
• Highly organized and self-motivated
• Expert knowledge of modern development practices and game industry trends
POSITION: ART DIRECTOR
• Critique team artwork and ensure that all graphics leaving XMG are at the desired quality level
• Develop art processes and help artists maintain that process
• Mentor artists with the goal of producing high-quality art
• Critique the art foundations and set the art vision projects
• Collaborate with development team
• Compensation will be weighted towards equity in XMG
Experience and Skills
• Extremely motivated, with a passion for creating great products and video games
• 3–5 years as art director/lead artist experience with a proven track record leading an art team in the video game industry
• Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite with a strong proficiency in Photoshop/Illustrator
• Educational background in Arts
POSITION: AGILE PROJECT MANAGER
Manage multiple Agile projects ensuring that teams and stakeholders are working well together. Report to our VP operations and VP game development working together to make sure that our studio can continue to execute on games and deliver the highest quality games possible.
• Manage Scrums, Agile Team Boards
• Track velocity across projects. Ensure that estimates are made and kept up to date.
• Keep the Agile process running smooth and transparent. Make sure communication of deadlines and roadblocks are communicated and dealt with in a timely manner.
• Innovate design process, workflow, and planning
• Lead the entire studio in crucial project management decisions and provide guidance for the development team.
• Build estimates and timeline for service for hire products, communicate deadlines to studio partners
Experience and Skills
• 2+ years as an agile manager on a team in web, mobile, or game industry
• ScrumMaster certification
• Advanced knowledge of Scrum, Agile Planning & Estimation, Kanban
To Apply for Any of These Positions:
Please include a cover letter outlining why you think you’re ready to be part of the XMG team. Don’t forget to tell us what your favorite games are. Also, tell us the types of things you look for in a great game. What do you think is missing from current games in the App Store? If you think you have what it takes, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
About XMG Studio, Inc.
XMG Studio is an award-winning developer of hit video games for mobile devices. Founded in late 2009, XMG has been pushing the app envelope to create innovative titles for casual gamers. The company’s core focus is to develop properties that allow players to actively immerse themselves in our games. Whether it is the incredible customization feature in Drag Racer Pro Tuner, or the experimental touch mechanic in Cows vs. Aliens, XMG’s portfolio of mobile casual games all seek to drive the maximum in user engagement through innovation. Based in Toronto, Canada, XMG is presently one of the largest independent mobile game studio’s in the emerging app economy and has been named one of Canada’s Top 50 Most Engaged Workplaces. For more information visit www.xmg.com, follow XMG on Twitter.com/xmgstudio or become a fan on facebook.com/xmgstudio. These positions are located in Toronto, Canada. Candidates must currently be eligible to work in Canada.