Razor USA, LLC has an immediate need for an experienced, self-motivated girls’ toy designer to join our New Brands Group. Based in Cerritos, Calif., this position will support both existing and new girls’ toy brands. This role will require supporting the New Brands team by creating and communicating toy designs. The ideal candidate will have proven toy design success working on challenging and fun projects at another toy or children’s product company.
• Help generate new ideas as part of the design and brand development toy team
• Support brand team with toy design renderings
• Present and communicate ideas effectively to design and marketing team
• Communicate with staff overseas (in English)
• Participate in brainstorming meetings
• Help the boy toy design team, if needed
Attributes Needed to Be Successful:
• Strong demonstrated creative thinking abilities
• Problem solver, and a “get things done” mentality
• Team player
• Strong listening skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment with a small team, and be flexible
• Ability to express strong point of view
• Knowledge of materials and processes as it applies to girls toys and doll design
Job Requirements and Skills:
• BA or BS in Toy Design, Industrial Design, or Product Design
• Two or more years of professional design/product development experience, preferably working in a toy or children’s products company
• Experience with costing
• Ability to travel to China/Asia
• Experience in girls’ toys and doll design and knowledge and interest of trends in girls’ toys (some experience working with soft goods preferred)
• Sketching and rendering abilities
• Proficient in all phases of design process—preliminary, development, and production
• Able to develop complete control drawings and technical specificitions with an understanding of structure and internals
• Knowledge of girls’ play patterns and girls’ toy categories
• Some knowledge of child development
• Strong visual communication skills
• Proficient in sketch development, presentation renderings, and physical mock-ups
• CAD program experience. Working knowledge of 3D, Rhino, Solid Works, Freeform, and ProEngineer are a plus
• Solid command of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator programs
Please provide a link or a PDF file of your portfolio.
Interested candidates should send their resumes to email@example.com.
About Razor USA, LLC
The Razor brand embodies the spirit of fun and freedom. It defies boundaries and sometimes even gravity. The company was founded in 2000 with the introduction of its now legendary kick scooter, which quickly became an essential ride for anyone on the go. Today, Razor products are available worldwide, with a full range of wheeled goods to inspire and excite riders everywhere.
Razor USA, LLC is growing as a toy company, introducing innovation and play value to enliven classic toy categories. The New Brands division of Razor is dedicated to the development of delightful and innovative toys that deliver ultimate play value for both boys and girls. Since 2011, we have successfully launched new international brands including Vapor and Pony Royale, with several brands targeted for launch in 2013 and 2014.