Southard Communications, based in New York City’s Financial District, is looking to hire an Account Executive and/or Senior Account Executive to join the consumer-focused division of the agency. The ideal candidate(s) will have 2+ (4+ for SAE) years of experience and will be responsible for implementing various public relations activities across multiple client accounts.
Day-to-day responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) client management, drafting of media pitches and press releases, cultivating relationships with media, media list creation, social media campaign efforts, and writing monthly reports.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent time-management, organizational, and management skills
- Team play and ability to perform independently when necessary
- Adaptability and experience with managing multiple clients
- Experience in the consumer products field, juvenile products, and toys a HUGE plus
- B-to-B experience also important as this role will potentially involve both consumer and B-to-B efforts
Professional Skills Needed:
- Able to garner significant media placements supporting client objectives
(Please provide examples of past placements)
- Proficient in writing press releases, fact sheets, and pitches
- Ability to develop and articulate strategic recommendations to client and team—not just a “do-er” but also a “thinker”
- Proven track record when it comes handling direct client contact
Some travel may be required for trade shows
Interested candidates can submit a resume to Bill Southard at Bill@Southardinc.com