Insight Editions has an exciting opportunity for a vice-president of Marketing. You will lead marketing, publicity, and creative services across four brands and many product lines. This position reports to the CEO, with a team of 15-plus talented marketers, and three to five direct reports.
This is a hands-on role. You will be working closely with the sales and product development teams to build brands that have a lasting impact. You’ll build out a team to capture market opportunities, and coach and develop junior and senior marketers to grow and excel.
Your Areas of Ownership & Responsibility:
Own Global Marketing Strategy at Insight Editions
- Own development and execution of 3-5 year strategic plans
- Partner with cross-functional teams and contribute to licensing strategy to develop consumer-insight driven products
- Support sales with merchandising and channel strategy
Grow and engage a base of fans for our brands
- Create and launch integrated marketing campaigns
- Nurture creative ideas that will pop with our consumers
- Be the final word on quality and messaging for all consumer-facing communications
- Develop systems to improve data capabilities of the marketing organization
- Drive analysis of product, title, brand, channel and category performance
Develop systems to make ROI-based decisions that optimize campaign channels & executions
- Develop your team
- Manage digital marketing, publicity, creative services, events marketing, and partner marketing teams
- Deliver Marketing Results: You have a proven ability to invest in the activities that move the needle on sales
- People Development: You have experience leading a team with multiple direct reports, including hiring, coaching and developing individuals for success.
- Systems & Process Development: You create processes and systems to make the organization run smoothly and efficiently
- Work with cross functional partners to drive sales & product development
- Industry experience: Consumer marketing required, bonus points for experience in Toy / Gift / Publishing / Comics
- Education: BA required, MBA preferred
- Vision: You enjoy working in chaotic situations to prioritize, create clarity for the team, and then develop structure and process to steer the team through uncertainty
- People person: you enjoy working with cross-functional partners and your teammates, engaging and inspiring those around you
- Analytical: A gut hunch is great, but you’re not happy until you have data that proves or disproves the hypothesis. You are analytical, love creating experiments, and understanding the world through the frame of data
- Fan / Geek / Nerd: You’re an avid fan of pop culture
Send your CV and let us know, however you see fit:
What you’re a crazy fan of
What you’re looking for in your next role
Why you’re right for this role, in a nutshell
Interested candidates can apply here.