Every year on March 10, Mario fans mark the occasion of MAR10 Day, recognizing the mustached hero who leaps to the rescue anytime smiles are needed. What makes March 10 so special for Mario? It’s because MAR10 looks just like Mario’s name!
This year, Nintendo is commemorating MAR10 day with a number of offerings and in-game events:
- Super Mario Bros. 35th Anniversary Sales – From now until March 13 at 11:59 p.m. PT, in continuation of the Super Mario Bros. 35th Anniversary, select games and merchandise are on sale.
- Games for the Nintendo Switch system featuring Mario and friends are currently available for 35% off their retail price at select retailers and in Nintendo eShop. Play, create and share the side-scrolling Mario courses of your dreams with the Super Mario Maker 2 game. Or suit up in a sporty outfit and serve up some fierce tennis battles – Mushroom Kingdom style – with the Mario Tennis Aces game. Become the master of Mario minigames with the frantic and fun Super Mario Party game, or check into a haunted hotel and rescue Mario from some ghoulish apparitions in the Luigi’s Mansion 3 game. To check out the savings on all these fan-favorite games, visit select retailer websites or https://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals/.
- Super Mario Bros. 35th anniversary-themed merchandise is now available for purchase at a 35% discount from the Nintendo NY store and store.nintendo.com. This is a chance to own a piece of Mario history!
- Mario Tour Arrives to Mario Kart Tour – Smartphone players can enjoy even more Mario themed fun this month. The Mario Kart Tour game for smart devices will feature a Mario Tour available to play beginning March 9 and running until March 23. More information is coming about the Mario Tour, including the Tokyo Blur 4 course and newly added drivers, karts and gliders, when the in-game event begins March 9.
- Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp Crossover Event – Calling all campers, the Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp game for smart devices is also enjoying its own lineup of Mario magic this month with a Super Mario Bros. 35th Anniversary crossover event. During this in-game event, which runs until March 23 at 10:59 p.m. PT, special poses will be added for Fave Photos, and some past event items will return, too. Players can also participate in specific My Nintendo missions by linking their Nintendo Account to the Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp game during the event period. They’ll even receive an in-game Mario hat cushion just by logging into the game between now and when the in-game event ends.
- Super Mario Bros. Items in Animal Crossing: New Horizons – For fans enjoying island living on Nintendo Switch, Super Mario Bros. 35th Anniversary themed items have arrived in the Animal Crossing: New Horizons game. The iconic Super Mushroom, ? Block and other Mario-themed items can be ordered in-game. Players can even place two Warp Pipes and then use them to travel between locations on their island.
- Nintendo Switch – Mario Red & Blue Edition System – To truly get in the Mario spirit, fans can pick up the Nintendo Switch – Mario Red & Blue Edition system. This special edition hardware, featuring some of Mario’s signature colors, is now available again in limited quantities through select retailers at a suggested retail price of $299.99. The Nintendo Switch – Mario Red & Blue Edition system includes red Joy-Con controllers with blue wrist straps, a blue Joy-Con grip accessory, a red Nintendo Switch dock and a red Nintendo Switch system.
- Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury – Fans can sink their claws into two action-packed Mario adventures with the Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury game for Nintendo Switch. Adventure through colorful courses with online and local co-op multiplayer for up to four players in Super Mario 3D World. And in Bowser’s Fury, explore Lake Lapcat while facing down a bigger, badder and madder-than-ever-before Bowser.