X Marks the Spot in Real-World Moose’s Treasure X Geocache
To celebrate the launch of Treasure X, Moose Toys has partnered with Geocaching HQ for a real-world global treasure hunt.
Available at retail stores now, Treasure X is a multi-layered ‘unboxing’ process complete with a surprise reveal. As kids dig their way through, they’ll have the chance to find real gold.
Geocaching is a global outdoor recreational activity, where participants use navigation skills to find hidden containers called geocaches. There are currently more than three million geocaches hidden worldwide by enthusiasts who use the Geocaching app or GPS device to discover them.
In July, 3,000 special edition Treasure X game pieces were released in the game of geocaching globally. The game pieces have already been dropped in nine countries and have interacted with thousands of people as they continue to change hands and relocate for new players to find them. TO find out more about Treasure X Geocaching, click here.
Peppa Pig Heads to China for Movie Debut Next Year
Entertainment One (eOne) and Alibaba Pictures jointly announced plans for their first co-production. Peppa Pig will appear in theaters in China for the first time this Chinese New Year, which coincides with the 2019 Year of the Pig.
eOne and Alibaba Pictures are co-producing a full-length feature film which contains live-action and new animated content, based on the Peppa Pig television series created by Astley Baker Davies. The film, Peppa Celebrates Chinese New Year, is scheduled for release in China on February 5, 2019, and will be distributed by Alibaba Pictures.
The film’s storyline was developed specifically for young families celebrating Chinese New Year. It incorporates many Chinese New Year traditions, such as dragon dancing, dumpling wrapping, and other traditional customs. The film will also introduce brand new characters – including Panda twins. Limited-edition panda-themed merchandise will be released exclusively through Ali Fish, the licensing and entertainment business unit under Alibaba Pictures.
Miraculous Passes Go on New Deal with Winning Moves, More
ZAG expands the ZAG HEROEZ Miraculous–Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir brand with the announcement of new global licensing partner, Ipanema Sandals, and Winning Moves for EMEA. The new partners join a licensing and merchandising program that topped the $100 million mark in retail sales in 2017, and with top-TV ratings garnered worldwide, season two airing globally, season three launching mid-2019, and seasons four and five now in pre-production, Miraculous continues to gain momentum.
Ipanema, the Brazilian brand, will develop a Miraculous-Ipanema footwear range for kids and adults. The collection, which consists of flip flops and back-strap sandals for kids, and an exclusive adult flip flop, will be available at retail in the southern hemisphere this November, and roll out in the U.S. and Europe in April 2019.
Winning Moves will launch a Miraculous Monopoly Junior game just in time for the 2018 holiday season.
The Ipanema agreement was brokered by Gloob Licensing, and Winning Moves by Bulldog Licensing.
Cartoon Network Expands Rick and Morty Licensing Program
Cartoon Network Enterprises announced the growth of its licensing program for its Adult Swim series Rick and Morty. With more than a dozen new partners, a diverse range of products will be available for fans that span across multiple categories, including home décor, apparel, accessories, toys, and more.
New Rick and Morty licensing partners, by category, include:
- B&D Group will launch inflatable furniture in November at specialty stores and pool floats will be released in the spring of 2019
- Beeline Creative introduces a Rick and Morty-themed Geeki Tikis collection this fall, featuring drinkware products. Additional homeware products will be introduced in spring 2019
- NECA is debuting Rick and Morty Chia Pets, available this holiday season across multiple retail channels
- An assortment of confections and beverages are being introduced this summer from Boston America, with several FYE store exclusives and additional items available at specialty
- This fall, Briefly Stated will launch Rick and Morty underwear and sleepwear for men and women at mid-tier and mass
- Stance, an American sock and underwear brand, will offer Rick and Morty-themed socks
- This fall, Palamon will release a variety of Rick and Morty Halloween costumes and accessories across mass retailers, specialty stores, Halloween specialty stores and online retailers
- Concept One will offer bags, luggage, small leather goods, headwear, and other Rick and Morty-inspired accessories
- Accessory brand Loungefly will introduce a wide variety of Rick and Morty items including backpacks, bags, purses, wallets, hand and compact mirrors, lunch tins, beanies, luggage tags, keychains, cell phone cases and more
- PopSockets is now offering a Rick and Morty line of the trendy phone accessory at Target, specialty stores, electronic stores, online retailers and popsockets.com
- Just Toys is producing a line of Rick and Morty SquishMe’s available during the holiday season at mass retailers and specialty stores
- Kidrobot to release Rick and Morty Slippery Stair figures this month, available at kidrobot.com with a glow-in-the-dark exclusive colorway available at Hot Topic
- Fuckjerry launched the Rick and Morty expansion pack of their popular “What Do You Meme” adult party game exclusively at Spencer’s stores this past July with expansion into mass starting in October