2015 Holiday Shopping Stats
Custora’s E-Commerce Pulse announced the following stats to recap the 2015 holiday shopping season (Nov. 1–Dec. 31). According to the report, there was solid growth in 2015:
- E-Commerce revenue was up 12.1 percent over the 2014 holiday season
- Orders grew 10.9 percent while Average Order Value (AOV) was up 1.1 percent, indicating a less promotion-driven holiday season than last year
- 30.4 percent of online sales were placed on mobile (phones + tablets)
- Over three quarters of all mobile orders (76.9 percent) were made on Apple devices, while only 22.7 percent happened on Android devices
- Organic search was the marketing channel driving the majority of online sales (21.5 percent), followed closely by e-mail marketing with 20 percent
- Social media (Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest, etc.) only drove 1.8 percent of sales
This data is based on The Custora E-Commerce Pulse, a free online dashboard providing key U.S. e-commerce statistics and benchmarking data from 200-plus online retailers, 500 million anonymized shoppers, and $100B in e-commerce revenue.
New Product Line from Pound Puppies Creator
Pound Puppies Creator, Mike Bowling is launching the Splashlings product line in the U.S. with Australian toymaker TPF Toys. The mermaid-themed toy line is launching exclusively at Toys “R” Us stores. In addition, an all-new animated Splashlings digital series from Shaftesbury (creator and producer of Life with Derek) will debut simultaneously. Upper Deck is expected to introduce a card line later this year.
The Splashlings toy line features a group of mermaid friends and shells along with more than 100 pets, underwater gems, and treasures for kids to play with and collect.
ChizComm Signs UHWK
ChizComm Ltd. announced that is the agency of record for UHWK. The company is debuting a product called UHWK Show, which is a wearable camera for athletes. See it here.