2019 WIT Wonder Women Awards Nominees Revealed
Women in Toys, Licensing & Entertainment (WIT) announces the slate of finalists for the 15th Annual Wonder Women Awards on Sunday, February 17, 2019. The event celebrates industry leaders for their outstanding contributions in toys, licensing and entertainment in eight categories, to be recognized that evening. The nominee finalists are as follows:
- Amy Pruzansky – Spin Master
- Deirdre Cross – Forrest Pruzan Creative
- Kiyomi Haverly – KidKraft
- Letitia Fox – Artful Playdate
- Lisa Mahar – Kid O, a division of PlayMonster
- Natalie Davis – The Walt Disney Company
- Shelly Owen – OLO Industries
- Sondra Wiener – Hasbro
- Danielle Reinhardt – PlayMonster
- Gabriela Arenas – Sesame Workshop
- Janice Lam – Entertainment One
- Jessica Hardy – Hasbro
- Jill Wilfert – LEGO
- Margaret Abroms – Spin Master
- Nicole Hardiman – Moose Toys
- Maria Karzaros – Universal Studios
- Alicia Ciancimino – Bandai
- Arlene Biran – Spin Master
- Brenda Elliott – Irwin Toy
- Jacquie Patterson – Hasbro
- Jennifer Eiselein – VTech Electronics North America
- Kate Karcher-Clark – YOTTOY Productions, Inc.
- Nancy Sanchez – LEGO Systems, Inc.
- Wendy Gilbreath – InRoad Toys
MARKETING / PR
- Adrienne Appell – The Toy Association
- Britt Bagnall – SuperAwesome
- Eva Daly – Moose Toys
- Jennifer Vandermeer – The Walt Disney Co.
- Joselyn Jang – Amazon
- Juli Lennett – NPD
- Kathleen Harrington – Hasbro
- Sandra Shatilla – Spin Master
RISING STAR / CORPORATE
- Beth Meuhlenkamp – PlayMonster
- Chrissy Helmich – Wicked Cool Toys
- Erica DiBacco – Nickelodeon
- Kate Nichols – Spin Master
- Molly Cunningham – Amazon
- Rachel Bekerman – Jazwares
- Talor Weltman – Mattel
- Tatjana Blanusa – LEGO Systems Inc
RISING STAR / INDEPENDENT
- Angelyn Myers – The Original My “Buddy” Towel
- Christine Mangnall-Schwarz – Cozy Wings
- Marissa Louie – Animoodles
- Natalie Rebot – Moonlite World
- Robin Sydney – Zorbitz
- Stephanie Costabile Crowley – Chizcomm, Ltd.
- Trina McFarland – TinkerTini
- Anne Carrihill – Amazon
- Bess Milner – Mattel
- Danielle Borbon – Wicked Cool Toys
- LeeAnn Lanzo – The Walt Disney Company
- Lindsay Britt – Viacom
- Lisa Wiggins – Diverse Marketing
- Marian Bossard – The Toy Association
- Mary Pearson – PlayMonster
- Amy Knight – Hasbro
- Jennifer Pace Robinson – Children’s Museum of Indianapolis
- Kelly Oriard – Slumberkins
- Odette Levy – Spin Master
- Teresa Samaniego – ABC7
Herschend Entertainment Studios Acquires Chuggington
Herschend Entertainment Studios announced the acquisition of Chuggington from its UK-parent company, Ludorum PLC. The children’s television series is currently available on key broadcast stations and streaming platforms in more than 178 countries across the globe. The show premiered on BBC in 2008 with the most recent launch on CCTV in China in 2017.
“Herschend’s culture is right in line with our wholesome, family friendly programming,” says Peter Scott, chairman of Ludorum. “Their proven expertise in producing live events and themed-experiences, in addition to the strategic content direction of Herschend Studios, will help usher in a new era of growth for this iconic brand.”
Herschend will invest in new content production in 2019. HES will also oversee growth of the franchise domestically and internationally, including live events, consumer products and themed entertainment. The program joins HES’s inaugural preschool property Splash and Bubbles, the hit PBS KIDS series, produced in partnership with The Jim Henson Company.
New Preschool Series from Spin Master to Debut on Nick Jr.
Nickelodeon’ will debut the new animated preschool series Abby Hatcher in January. Created and produced by Spin Master Entertainment, Abby Hatcher follows the story of a little girl with a big heart who helps her friends, the Fuzzly creatures, fix their mishaps, learn from their mistakes and negotiate their emotions.
Leading up to the the linear series premiere, NickJr.com and the Nick Jr. App will feature new short-form content and an all-new full length episode beginning Monday, December 17. The episode will also be available on Nick Jr. VOD and DTO.
Premiering Tuesday, January 1, at 10 a.m. ET/PT, in the Nick Jr. preschool block, Abby Hatcher (26 episodes) features a social-emotional curriculum highlighting empathy, compassion and problem-solving skills. Following its U.S. launch, the series will roll out on Nickelodeon’s international channels and branded blocks in 2019.
Abby Hatcher is the ninth series from Spin Master Entertainment and is overseen by executive producers Ronnen Harary and Laura Clunie.