WarnerMedia Global Brands and Experiences (WMGBE) is reminding the world that Tweety is no ordinary canary by launching an 80th anniversary celebration on a global scale. As one of Looney Tunes most beloved characters, Tweety is known for being unflappable and unapologetically authentic. WMGBE has commissioned a diverse group of artists worldwide to design 80 original murals reflecting Tweety’s rich history and dynamic personality. Warner Bros.’ “80 Years of Tweety” campaign will kick off in Austin at SXSW 2022 on March 11, where the first group of murals will officially debut. The anniversary honors will continue throughout the year across the Studio with new Tweety content from HBOMax, WarnerMedia Kids & Family, along with new themed experiences and collections from Warner Bros. Consumer Products. The celebration will culminate on Tweety’s birthday on November 21, 2022.
Anchoring the “80 Years of Tweety” celebration, the stunning murals designed by a spirited group of artists will celebrate Tweety’s cheerful enthusiasm, cutes and smarts, as well as his endearing personality. Free for everyone to enjoy, these spectacular works of art will appear in the United States, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Poland, Spain, Italy, Mexico, Brazil, United Arab Emirates and more. In the United States, Tweety murals will be seen in more than 30 cities. To track where to find Tweety murals, as well as all things Tweety, please visit, Tweety’s Anniversary website.
“For eighty years, Tweety has marched to the beat of his own drum, inherently representing what it means to be unapologetically yourself. His endearing personality has made him a pop culture favorite and he’s known for making appearances in the most unexpected ways,” said Pam Lifford, President, WarnerMedia Global Brands and Experiences. “As a key member of the Looney Tunes franchise, we definitely wanted to celebrate Tweety’s 80th in a big way and are excited for the year-long celebration ahead. Keep your eyes out for him to pop up anywhere, from fashion to collectibles and more.”
To complete the murals, WMGBE collaborated with 16 artists, each with a different take on the tiny hero. Tweety’s signature yellow color runs through the designs, but the artists’ different styles will make each one uniquely beautiful. Artists have been selected through the lens of diversity across different countries, artistic mediums and expressions, ethnicities, genders and sexualities.
In addition to the murals, Tweety’s 80th Anniversary celebration features, products, content, experiences and much more:
● Warner Bros. Consumer Products (WBCP) will announce new offerings and partnerships across all categories (fashion, collectibles, beauty, and more) throughout the year. Available now only on WBCP’s Looney Tunes Shop is the all-new Tweety’s 80th Mural Collection. The vibrant collection is set to feature a number of the 80, Tweety-inspired mural designs on a unique selection of merchandise and apparel. The collection encourages fans to honor the unique art designed by the diverse group of global artists, while celebrating the world’s most beloved canary. The ultimate fan destination to celebrate Tweety, the Looney Tunes Shop will unveil product drops throughout the year, including merchandise with Tweety mural designs yet to be revealed, leading up to Tweety’s birthday on November 21, 2022.
● Loungefly has also joined the celebration with two all-new, Tweety-inspired products for fans of all ages. Tweety’s big, blue eyes are ready to follow you along, while keeping an eye out for Sylvester on the new Tweety 80th Anniversary Plush Backpack. The front features Tweety’s unmistakable adorable shape, featuring wings on the front zipped compartment that move back and forth ($80.00). Since 1947, Tweety has outsmarted his rival, Sylvester the Cat. Capture the zany antics of Tweety and Sylvester with this Loungefly Tweety and Sylvester 80th Anniversary Zip Around Wallet ($40.00). Available now, both products feature Tweety 80th Anniversary motif on the inside lining, along with vegan leather.
● Ugly Dukling Beauty and Warner Bros. Consumer Products’ newest collaboration encourages fans to celebrate Tweety’s adorable yet mischievous eyes. Available now, the Ugly Dukling x Tweety Bird Collection is a limited-edition, box collection of luxury 3D magnetic eyelashes featuring a special-dose of Tweety. The curated collection features four, classic statement style lashes named “Tweety Pie,” “Tweety Bird,” “Looney Luxury Lashes” and “I Tawt I Taw a Puddy Tat!” Presented in Tweety-themed keepsake packaging, the collection continues Ugly Dukling Beauty’s tradition of high quality, hand crafted seven-magnet eyelashes. No messy glue required – unless you’re setting a trap for a certain, troublemaking “Puddy Tat.”
● Warner Bros. Themed Entertainment will be joining in on the festivities for Tweety’s birthday with exclusive murals around the world including at Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi, Warner Bros. Movie World in Australia, and Parque Warner Madrid.
● HBO Max: Tweety continues to star in the hit Looney Tunes Cartoons animated series from Warner Bros. Animation now streaming on HBO Max. New episodes will debut from the Max Original series throughout the year in celebration of the beloved yellow canary.
● Cartoonito: This summer, Tweety will star alongside fellow Looney Tunes characters in Bugs Bunny Builders, a new preschool animated series coming to Cartoonito on HBO Max and Cartoon Network. Produced by Warner Bros. Animation and built on the solid comedic foundation of the iconic Looney Tunes, Bugs Bunny Builders brings the wackiness, humor and slapstick we’ve grown to love to a new preschool audience. At ACME Construction Company, Bugs Bunny and Lola Bunny manage a crew of builders that, quite frankly, should not be anywhere near a construction site. However, by working together as a team, Daffy Duck, Porky Pig, Tweety and others use their tools and wild vehicles to pull off some of the looniest construction jobs ever.