People of Play Announces Three Truths and a Lie, a new virtual series held the second Monday of every month at 8pmET in the POP Pub on the POP website.
Rich Mazel, VP of Innovation and Inventor Relations at Spin Master will host the first show on Monday, April 11th and will kick-off with guests:
· Dougal Grimes, VP of Innovation and Inventor Relations-Games, Gund, Outdoor and Activities – Spin Master
· Peggy Brown, President – Peggy Brown Creative
· Robert Fuhrer, Founder – Nextoy
· David Fuhrer, Managing Director – BlueSquare Innovations
The host and guests will tell their stories, and the audience will vote on who told the lie. Afterwards, the audience will have a chance to share their stories! The show was born out of the success of the Toy Stories room during the POP Virtual Connolly’s Pub Night. The event was slotted for two hours, but people stayed an additional two hours and wanted more. Combined with the popularity on POP of the Three Truths and a Lie Game using the Fun Facts from POP Profiles, it is a winning combination!
Each month the stories will revolve around a theme. Some themes include:
· How did You get into the Toy Biz
· Product Launches that Almost Didn’t
· Success and Failures
· Toy Industry “Royalty” – Multi-Generation Stories
· Product Development Stories
· Public Relations Near Disasters
Three Truths and a Lie from People of Play is free to attend. The show organizers are asking people to RSVP so they have a sense of the crowd – never know who they will call out!
People of Play (POP) celebrates and empowers toy and game innovation worldwide by providing educational opportunities, recognition and community for industry professionals, amateur inventors and people of all ages who love to play. People of Play oversees a number of events including the Chicago Toy & Game (CHITAG) Fair, the Toy & Game International Excellence (TAGIE) Awards, the Young Inventor Challenge, the New Inventor Conference, the Professional Inventors Conference, Play in Education Conference, the Bloom Report and the People of Play Foundation.