The Pokémon Company International has announced the latest expansion for the best-selling Pokémon Trading Card Game, Sword & Shield – Lost Origin, available starting Sept. 9, 2022, at participating retailers around the world.
In Sword & Shield—Lost Origin, the Lost Zone gameplay mechanic will make its Sword & Shield Series debut and is expected to shake up the TCG metagame. The Lost Zone is similar to the discard pile, but players will not be able to recover these cards during gameplay. Lost Zone cards such as Giratina VSTAR will feature a shadowy aura emanating from the artwork.
Furthermore, Sword & Shield – Lost Origin will be based on the popular Pokémon Legends: Arceus video game and feature more Hisuian Pokémon, including Hisuian Zoroark VSTAR and Hisuian Goodra VSTAR, as well as Radiant Pokémon such as Radiant Gardevoir. Radiant Pokémon feature Shiny Pokémon illustrated in etched artwork and tend to have a powerful Ability or attack.
Noteworthy cards from the Sword & Shield – Lost Origin expansion include:
- Three new Radiant Pokémon
- Six Pokémon VSTAR
- 14 Pokémon V and one Pokémon VMAX
- 30 cards with artwork featuring fan-favorite Trainers and Pokémon in the Trainer Gallery subset
Sword & Shield – Lost Origin will be available in booster packs, Elite Trainer Boxes and special collections, with the Sword & Shield – Lost Origin Pokémon Center Elite Trainer Box now available for preorder exclusively at Pokémon Center in the US , Canada and UK.
Be sure to also check out the Pokémon North America International Championships, including a stream for the Pokémon Trading Card Game: Twitch.tv/PokemonTCG:
- Friday, June 24: Match coverage begins at 6 a.m. PDT.
- Saturday, June 25: Match coverage continues at 6 a.m. PDT, including the final Swiss rounds followed by top cut.
- Sunday, June 26: Final matches for all three Pokémon TCG age divisions begin at 7 a.m. PDT on Twitch.tv/Pokemon.
To learn more about the Pokémon TCG, please visit Pokemon.com/TCG.