Earlier this year, The Western Toy and Hobby Representatives Association (WTHRA) announced the return of ToyFest to The Expo at World Market Center Las Vegas, February 27 – March 3, 2023. The Board of Directors and Slate of Officers have spent the summer making plans and exciting changes for the 2023 show.
ToyFest 2022 was the most well attended ToyFest show in the past two decades. Buyers came from all over the United States and beyond. And the response was phenomenal. ToyFest has always exuded old-school Toy Industry tradition with a gala night that is free to buyers and celebrates independent toy store owners, iconic manufacturers, and top-notch sales reps by inducting them into the Hall of Fame. This event is always packed with old friends reconnecting with industry pals they haven’t seen since the last gathering.
In addition to the ToyFest Gala, other favorite events scheduled during the show are the legendary ToyFest Game Night (it always ends up with a waitlist for game manufacturers) and the more recently added Morning Masterpieces which offers buyers hands on arts and crafts opportunities over breakfast one morning of the show. This year there was a line out the door.
Word is spreading about what a great show ToyFest is becoming. With the permanent calendar change of Toy Fair and the renewed interest in personal connection, ToyFest is expected to continue to have increased national attendance. It is not a coincidence that the show meeting the needs of the buyers in timing, budget, ease, and relationships is put on by the same group that worked diligently with stores over the last couple of years to get through the pandemic. In 2023, ToyFest will be not only the first, but the Toy Show to attend.
With the rebranding of ToyFest as a national show, the organization took the opportunity to launch a new website this summer, ToyFestUS.com, as well as a new contact email, email@example.com, and new social handles, @ToyFestUS. The slogan under the logo also changed to ‘Where Specialty is the Best’ to promote Specialty as a main source of business conducted at ToyFest. Some of the other changes you will see around the 2023 show include a new hotel location at Resorts World by Hilton on the Las Vegas Strip, the ToyFest Gala will also be moved to Resorts World’s, Zouk Nightclub for a private event, a Landing Pad for Reps who may not want a full booth space or attend without product.
· The event will open with Showrooms only on Monday, February 27, 2023. Stay tuned to our website for a list of showrooms and exhibitors participating in the Expo Hall.
· ToyFest will kick off its first event on Tuesday, Feb 28 with Morning Masterpieces just before the Expo Hall opens at 9:00 a.m.
· The evening of Feb 28, ToyFest will host its annual ToyFest Gala at the Resorts World nightclub, Zouk located in The District. This will be a private event just for ToyFest participants.
· A seminar, TBA, will take place Wednesday morning, March 1.
· The legendary Game Night will take place Wednesday, March 1 in the Worldview Room of Building B at World Market Center at 6:00pm. This event is always a win! Come hungry, thirsty, and be prepared for speed gaming.
· Best of ToyFest taking place, Thursday, March 2, will be held a little differently this year. Details will be announced as they are finalized. But I can say, we hope to have a special guest or two judging the products this year.
· The ToyFest Raffle will be held on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of the show week. Attendees will receive one raffle ticket for each order they write and win up to $2400 plus product from the vendors.
· And finally, ToyFest will encourage Vendors to give their best ToyFest Show Special to make placing orders a little easier for the Retailers.
Attendee Registration is currently open for Buyers, Buyer Guests, Media, and R&D. All others will be considered exhibitors. Exhibitor Registration will open in September. Early bird discounts will be offered through November 30. Exhibitors who have not registered in the past 3 years may fill out a New Exhibitor Form to be approved to exhibit.
More details about the show will be made available as plans are finalized including the 2023 Hall of Fame Inductees, Retailer of the Year, Seminar Speaker(s), Game Night and Morning Masterpieces vendors, and Show Sponsors.
At this time, the WTHRA Directors and ToyFest Officers invite retailers to register for ToyFest 2023.
Dates and times for ToyFest 2023 are:
Monday, February 27, 9:00 am – 6:00 pm – Showrooms Only
Tuesday, February 28, 9:00 am – 6:00 pm – Expo & Showrooms
Wednesday, March 1, 9:00 am – 6:00 pm `– Expo & Showrooms
Thursday, March 2, 9:00 am – 6:00 pm – Expo & Showrooms
Friday, March 3, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm – Expo & Showrooms
ToyFest is hosted by the Western Toy & Hobby Representatives Association (WTHRA).
Founded in 1961, WTHRA is a non-profit organization that is most recognized for producing and promoting the annual “Western States Toy & Hobby Show”, now known as ToyFest. The trade show has grown over the years and is now recognized as both the second oldest and second largest toy trade show of its kind in the United States.
WTHRA’s mission is to develop, promote, manage, and nurture the ToyFest tradeshow. To mentor and educate its members and the industry it serves as well as market and sell wonderful, safe products through integrity and vision, with the understanding that it is the children that ultimately benefit.