The Rubik’s Cube just got a new look: a greener, eco-friendly one, that is! It’s the same iconic puzzle readers know and love, created with sustainability in mind. Rubik’s Re-Cube is the first 100% recycled Rubik’s 3×3 Cube, made from 100% recycled ABS plastic and packaged in 100% recycled cardboard. It is FSC certified, meeting the top criteria for sustainability standards.
The Rubik’s Re-Cube is an example of Spin Master’s Playsponsible initiative. The company is committed to creating magical play experiences for children and their families while also being responsible custodians of the world these children will one day inherit. Through Playsponsible, Spin Master is:
- Minimizing the impact of their products and operations on our planet.
- Producing safe, high quality and responsibly sourced toys.
- Leveraging responsible product materials and packaging to provide families with more sustainable options.
- Partnering with international recycling leader TerraCycle to give families the chance to recycle their once-cherished toys and games.
- Spin Master has previously rolled out new sustainable toy lines, including GUND’s “Sustainably Soft Friends” and its “Mindful Classics” line of Games for a Shared Planet.