Buyer registration and hotel reservations are trending up and demand for exhibit space is strong for the upcoming Dallas Total Home & Gift Market taking place January 10-16. The first trade event of the new year will welcome retail decision makers from around the world to experience hundreds of new brands and collections, one-of-a-kind and artisan items, and inspiring special exhibits and events.
“Buyers are eager to be first in line to discover new products and place orders in Dallas,” said Cindy Morris, president and CEO of Dallas Market Center. “We are anticipating a strong show, with retailers and designers seeking a single location for new products, connection, and inspiration. We will welcome buyers from all 50 states plus Canada, Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean, and other regions.”
Pre-registration, which is the exclusive method to receive a FastPass for quicker entry, is now available at dallasmarketcenter.com.
New and Expanding Showrooms
Dozens of new and expanding permanent showrooms will debut across the marketplace.
The World Trade Center atrium will be reimagined via the arrival of several key showrooms including the debut of the flagship OneCoast showroom; the arrival of Anne McGilvray & Co. and Kimberly Wahlberg; and the expansion of Ivystone featuring a branded space for Consuela fashion accessories.
Also in the World Trade Center, The Gerson Companies arrives in WTC 315; RAZ expanded in WTC 332, 340, and Ashore expanded into an addition space in WTC 570. New spaces for The Light Garden (WTC 360) and many floral and holiday companies have new homes. Those include American Best (WTC 452), Cheungs (WTC 467), Diamond Star (WTC 312), Farrisilk (WTC 322), Green Import Limited (WTC 265), Maxsilk (WTC 316), Unlimited Containers (WTC 423), Vickerman Company (WTC 386), Wholesale Glass Vases (WTC 451), Zucker Feather Company (WTC 334), and Fantastic Craft (WTC 334).
In the Trade Mart, a large new showroom from Primitives by Kathy debuts in TM 1333. P. Graham Dunn opens in 2634, Candleberry Candles debuts in TM 1735, Gift Essentials opens in 1440, plus there are new spaces for Round Top Collection (TM 2066), Catherine Lillywhite (TM 1335) and Honey & Me (TM 2301).
Upstairs in the lighting neighborhood, the new International Pavilion (TM 4909) is home to lighting manufacturers from around the world including new exhibitor Buster + Punch joining many others. Other additions include SDQStaunch (TM 4331).
In the Interior Home + Design Center, Visual Comfort & Co. (1D111) debuts an expanded showroom with all brands together in one place. Surya debuts its new showroom in 1D321 with a celebration. MC Studio (2F140) expands to include Bernhardt Interiors and Tomlinson Furniture. Shadow Catchers Art (WTC 194) has its own showroom in the hallways between the IHDC and WTC. Noble Furniture relocates to the second floor (2F125). Game Room Furniture Partners debuts in 1D102. French Market Collection arrives (2F133) The Gallery showroom (IHDC 1D202) welcomes new exhibitors Shelfology (GL 80), The Library by Anne McGilvray (GL 18), and Home Trends & Designs (GL 102) joining recent arrival Mainly Baskets Home (GL 82).
Gourmet Market exhibitors have a new home inside the Temps on the 12th floor but two exhibitors have showrooms of their own: KMBK, with gourmet foods, kitchen, outdoor, home and pet products is now in Trade Mart 2242, and Oh Sugar! is in Trade Mart 2218.
A complete list of new, expanded and relocated showrooms is available in the current issue of Spark magazine, available online and at market.
Several Dallas exhibitors will celebrate important milestones that will be celebrated with customers including Loloi, celebrating 20 years; Cathy & Co, celebrating 30 years; and Portico Collection, celebrating 30 years.
The Reimagined Temps For New Product Discovery
The Temps at Total Home & Gift Market, January 10-13, will expand for the winter edition to include new categories and destinations as well as hundreds of new exhibitors. More than 40% of the exhibitors in The Temps are new to Dallas Market Center. The Temps leasing team has spent months traveling to shows, fairs, festivals, and bazaars across the U.S. in order to deliver trending products and new brands.
Alongside a range of sought-after incoming brands is the exciting debut of the Toy Fair Pavilion and Gourmet Market, plus the home furnishings categories including Home, Home Textiles & Fine Linens, and Antiques have a new home on the 10th floor.
- World Trade Center 10 is THE destination for design and home décor featuring the curated home collections of High Style Dallas (HSD), High Style Boutique, plus the newest additions of Home, Home Textiles & Fine Linens. High Style Dallas is “best of the best” gifts and décor including home accents, artwork, decorative soft-goods, tabletop, gifts, accessories, children’s items, paper products and more. Featured vendors include 727 Sailbags, Prince of Scots, Molinos Handicrafts, Laura Park Designs, and many others. High Style Boutique’s high fashion jewelry, accessories and apparel will include M Donohue Collection, Hannah Carson Designs, Natalie Wood Designs, and Tulum 2U. New to the floor are Home resources including Briarwood Lane, The Mood, Annie Sloan Interiors, and LUXELIFESTYLEDECOR, Lucky Textiles, and Magic Rugs.
- Trade Mart 1 Pavilion: Features an eclectic collection of design-oriented products from all categories of merchandise. Featured exhibitors Dragonfly Fragrances, Cozy Earth, J Alexander Silver, and Gage Inc will be joined by dozens of other companies.
- World Trade Center 12 is the largest collection of new companies and trending products, and includes the debut of Toy Fair Pavilion including Toysmith, Storyastic, Toony Design, and Snapo Toys and Gourmet Market featuring Country Home Creations, The French Farm, Crockstar Dinner Club, and Simple Modern. In Body & Spa, vendors will include California Mango, Greenwich Bay Trading Co., Eleven Point Fragrance, and The Naked Bee. Emerging Gifts will include Words for a Season, Lanyard Lovebirds, Crescent City Clay, and Muscadine Press among others. General Gifts will include Rustic Charm Candles, TINte Cosmetics, Mackenzie’s, and Fox Chapel Publishing. Global Fair Trade has The Mended Company and Via Bella. Seasonal & Outdoor has Stony Creek at Home, Christmas by Krebs, 2 Saints Inc, and Front Porch Elegance. In the HIM section of men’s gift items, there will be Roostas and Dugout Mugs. The MADE collection includes handmade, American made, and Made in Texas gifts from companies including Hart & Hollow, Talla Imports, Uncommon Melody, and Recherche Furnishings. In Tabletop | Housewares, we welcome Vestiges, Wild Hare Designs, Jane Fifteen Thirty, and Lark at Home. In the T-shirts section JEDCO/Jeep Apparel, EMI Sportswear, August Bleu, and August Bleu will be featured.
- World Trade Center 13 is the fashion destination featuring Apparel & Fashion Accessories including Baggallini, Little Words Project, Handbag Handcuff, Anea Hill, THML Clothing, and Pink Pineapple.
- Market Hall is the home of Immediate Goods. In North Hall, Artisan, Gifts and Jewelry, Fine Jewelry will include Glenda Gies, Bora, A Rare Bird, and DreamWeaver Textiles in the Artisan neighborhood; in Gifts & Jewelry Buddy Love, Salteez LLC, Southern Bliss Company, and Sandy + Rizzo Jewelry. In the Vintage & Home neighborhood, featured exhibitors include Forever Green Art, Karma Living, Cima Wholesale, and Age of Industry along with many others. Market Hall vendors offers both Cash & Carry AND order writing purchasing options.
Welcoming Major Stores and Buying Groups
Many of the top multi-location retailers and buying groups, representing billions of dollars in purchasing power, will conduct business at Dallas Market Center during Total Home & Gift Market. Those attendees will include Mardel, Nebraska Furniture Mart, Hy-Vee, Von Maur, Harry & David, United Supermarkets, Dillard’s, Central Market, Neiman Marcus, Old Time Pottery, JCPenney, Michaels, Brookshires, Hallmark Corporate, Buc-ees, AAFES, Gelsons Market, and many others.
34th ARTS Awards
Dallas Market Center and ART, the creative home furnishings network, will hold the 34th ARTS Awards on Friday, January 12 at the Hilton Anatole hotel, hosted by Thom Filicia and Carson Kressley. The ARTS Awards is the premier international awards program dedicated to home industry excellence and achievement. The ARTS Awards will include category awards as well as a special Academy of Achievement honor for Maria Mullen, CEO of Hubbardton Forge; the Legendary Leadership Award to Karen McNeill of the Home Furnishings Hall of Fame; and a special HEARTS Award presented to Amit Loloi. The ARTS Awards Preview Party takes place on Thursday at 6 p.m. on the 10th floor of the World Trade Center. All buyers are welcome to attend; tickets are available on the Dallas Market Center website.Ticket information is available at https://dallasmarketcenter.com/ArtsAwards/
Speaking of Retail: A Collective Conversation Series
Everyone is invited to join two great retailers plus retail experts for three conversations of 45 minutes each that will be honest and open exchanges to generate ideas and plans for 2024.
- Wednesday, 9 am, WTC 192 – How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love My Reps – Join the discussion as Courtney Garrigan, co-founder of Coco & Dash, and Sales Reps Cherry Bernish Heather Turner share the secrets of building strong and profitable relationships between retailers and reps. The conversation will focus on good communication, respect, expectations, and commitment and how they benefit your bottom line.
- Thursday, 9 am, WTC 192 – Are You Talking To Me? – Join Teddie Garrigan, co-founder of Coco & Dash, and Crystal Vilkaitis, owner of Crystal Media, in a conversation that will shed light on the powerful value of Instagram for small business. Learn how to find your Instagram voice, identify your community, and engage with customers so your retail business can grow.
- Friday, 9 am, WTC 192 – Growing Your Ecommerce From the Start – Chat with experts Alison Dodson Anderson, owner A. Dodson’s, and Ashley Alderson of The Boutique Hub as they share their strategies to take your e-commerce business to the next level. Learn how to meet your business goals by using different platforms, workflows, emails, and social media.
Other Special Events and Hospitalities
Events across campus will offer inspiration, connection, and celebration. In addition to daily welcome events including the 9 a.m. New Buyer Scoop in the WTC atrium. Additional events of note:
- 09:30 AM – 12 PM – Live Podcast Studio – The Retail Whore Podcast with Michelle Sherrier. Sponsored by Patrick & Co. and Dallas Market Center. Stop by to hear from a series of insightful guests including retailers and brands.
- 2:00 PM – Temps Tour With The Boutique Hub: Market Hall. Tour Market Hall with The Boutique Team and discover the best deals in accessories and apparel. The Hub team will identify the latest trends for 2024, uncover opportunities for margin building, and show you how to secure the newest products before others in your market. Buy it now, take it now!
- 11:00 AM – Vacation Rental High/Low Luxury Tour. Meet at Trade Mart Temps. Join design expert Jessica Duce for a design tour of exhibitors with home furnishings for the luxury look. Tour will include temps and permanent showrooms.
- 1:00 PM – Temps Tour With The Boutique Hub: World Trade Center. Meet on WTC 190 and follow industry expert, Ashley Alderson and The Boutique Hub team on a tour of the temp floors. Learn how to make smart inventory investments from a variety of product categories. The Boutique Hub Team will highlight buying trends and top brands. This tour will provide you with actionable takeaways for buying at Dallas Market.
- 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM Fireside Designer Chat with ARTS Awards Interior Design Finalists –Interior Design Finalists for the ARTS Awards, Kristi Hopper, Lisa McDennon, Traci Connell, and Wendy Glaister will discuss trending topics within the design world, why home accents are important to an overall project, client relationships and the art of gifting.
- 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM – 34th ARTS Awards Gallery Preview Party – Celebrate the amazing finalists of the 34th ARTS Awards! Enjoy beautiful home accents product by the ARTS Awards Product Designer and Manufacturing finalists.
- 09:30 AM – 10:30 AM – Live Podcast Studio – Rooted in Retail with Crystal Vilkaitis. Stop by to hear from insightful guests on topics that matter to retailers.
- 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM – Style Eyes Trend Panel & Party in The Gallery – Join our Style Eyes, Jessica Duce of JDuce Design, Juliana Ewer of J Squared Interior Designs, Abbe Fenimore of Studioten25, and Dann Foley of Dann Foley Lifestyle as they discuss the hottest gift, home, and design trends.
- 6:00 PM – 11:00 PM – 34th Annual ARTS Awards Gala – Celebrate with fellow design professionals at the 34th Annual Arts Awards Gala, the premier awards program in the U.S. honoring top manufacturers, retailers, designers, and sales representatives.
- 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM – Taste of 12 at 12: Gourmet Category & Wine Tasting – Savor the delicacies of the Gourmet Temps and pair with our complimentary selection of red and white wines.
A complete list of events is available via the Dallas Market Center website.
Style Eyes Trendspotting
This year’s panel of trend experts and retail mavens will be discovering new products at market, as the Style Eyes returns for winter as the program leveraging the knowledge and taste making skills of many leading industry social media influencers for their insights and discoveries. The Style Eyes will spot must-see and unique products and trends across the marketplace including gifts, home décor, lighting, holiday/floral and fashion. Follow along on Dallas Market Center social media channels and #dallasstyleeyes. This year’s Style Eyes:
- Jessica Duce, JDuce Design
- Juliana Ewer, J Squared Interior Designs
- Abbe Fenimore, Studioten25
- Kristen Miller, owner, All Good Things
Spark Magazine: Winter Issue
More than 50,000 customers have received the latest issue of Spark magazine, the stylish pre-market publication highlighting trends, what’s new inside the market center, and insights from makers and influencers. The cover story is a profile of Breegan Jane, the interior designer and HGTV star who will launch a lighting collection with Savoy House in January. The biggest story in this issue and inside the marketplace is the bigger, better, reimagined Temps at Total Home & Gift Market. Also in this issue are the latest in fashion accessories; holiday products; gifts for wellness; trends in lighting and home; and highlights of new and expanding showrooms across the marketplace. Finally, the magazine offers plenty of reasons to explore new restaurants around Dallas.
Unmatched Hotel Offers
Dallas Market Center partner hotels are offering new, lower rates to support buyer travel budgets. Dozens of hotels, many within walking distance of the campus, are offering updated rates as low as $169. Rates valid until 2 weeks prior to Market, based on availability and are subject to change at any time so please reach out to Market Travel online or by calling 214-744-7444.
For upcoming markets, visit the Dallas Market Center website and download the Dallas Market Center mobile app. Also, keep up-to-date on all information by visiting Dallas Market Center on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and the DMC Daily Dose.