Assistant Public Relations Manager – LEGO Systems, Inc. – Enfield, Conn.
Brand Relations is on the forefront of maintaining public perception of the LEGO brand primarily through news media, bloggers, analysts, experts, trade and social media. The majority of the work is focused on national and regional media relations, blogger relations, toy testing programs, direct-to-consumer events and stunts to generate news stories in print, on TV, on the radio and online.
The Assistant Public Relations Manager is a point of contact in communications and relationship building/maintenance with any level of news media who may find interest in the LEGO brand. Assistant Manager works with Manager, Director and agency of record to develop, implement and support PR programs that best reach target audiences and drive desired action while building and bolstering brand affinity.
Support the implementation of PR programs to support company objectives (30%)
- collaborate with PR team, agency and internal stakeholders to support development and implementation of product publicity campaigns for LEGO products, experiences and events to drive affinity, awareness and demand
- contribute to launch of product priorities through campaigns and social media programs
- collaborate with business units and partners (LEGO Education, FIRST LEGO League, LEGOLAND Parks, Entertainment) to support mutual business goals
- assist in engaging, briefing and collaborating with PR agency on support of programs
Maintain external brand reputation and affinity (35%)
- assist development and implementation of brand building campaigns and programs
- support PR product campaigns to drive wishlist placement
- support priority campaigns and media relations programs as necessary
- serve as both proactive and reactive media contact
- assist Director and manager in corporate, internal and crisis communications plans and activity
- leverage new forms of media – blogs, social networks, etc – to gain placements throughout the year
Build, develop and maintain industry relationships that drive value for the Brand (20%)
- support development of relationships with core media targets to meet company objectives (influencers, press, bloggers, experts, analysts, etc.)
- staff and manage trade, gift and holiday press shows
- leverage partner equity and investments to drive value
- identify and collaborate with vendors to secure high impact, lowest cost services
Organize and manage internal department processes (15%)
- manage active news bureau of press materials and assets
- assist Director in budget management
- manage community relations, donations and employee giving programs
- manage publicity tracking and reporting
- collaborate on and participate in development of internal processes, forums, activities (e.g. social media management, global PR and communications planning)
Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field. At least 3-4 years related experience in communications (preferably consumer goods) not including internships, a portion of which must have been served in a PR agency or in-house communications department. Demonstrated track record in supporting the generation and maintenance of press relationships and resulting press coverage. Social Media experience a strong plus. Candidates must be able to demonstrate strong communications skills, writing ability and flexibility/willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done. Must have experience supporting development of PR plans, delivering news headlines, pitching press on story ideas and placing products in relevant editorial opportunities. Energized by fast-paced work day with strong ability to multi-task, manage multiple priorities at once and meet deadlines. News writing samples required. Enfield, CT based position, but requires the ability to travel extensively as necessary domestically and internationally, including weekends.
The LEGO Group offers unique and challenging career opportunities in a global organization founded on fun, creativity and innovation. The name ‘LEGO’ is an abbreviation of the two Danish words “leg godt”, meaning “play well”. And that has been our guideline since 1932. Today, LEGO Group is the world’s largest manufacturer in construction toys and LEGO products are sold in more than 130 countries. Our head office is in Billund, Denmark, and we have subsidiaries and branches throughout the world.
LEGO Systems is an inspiring and rewarding place to work. Our culture is characterized by an informal atmosphere, an open dialogue, and respect for each other. So if you are a dedicated professional with an imaginative mind who wants to take play seriously, we can offer you the building blocks for a great career.
LEGO Systems is proud to be an AAP EEO employer M/F/V/D.
The link to the online submissions tool is found at: http://jobsatlego.com/enfield