Techno Source: Senior Product Marketing Manager
Techno Source is a high-growth, entrepreneurial, division of the Li & Fung Group, a $16 billion a year multinational company. Techno Source is focused on the toy and game market. Based in New York City, Techno Source ships its products directly to major retailers around the world. A large part of our business is creating products based on major brand licenses which include: Disney, Nickelodeon, US Playing Cards, Intellivision, Marvel, Sanrio, Tetris, and Rubik’s.
The Senior Product Marketing Manager is responsible for managing, all aspects of product development (including gameplay), product marketing, and partner relationship management, for his/her portfolio of products.
- Manage and direct all areas of the marketing mix including brand management, product management, advertising, promotions, packaging, and channel marketing.
- Manage and direct all areas of product marketing, gameplay development, and creative development, including bringing product from original concept to production and from production to marketplace.
- Take responsibility for the management of critical path analysis, ensuring corrective action is taken in a timely manner where necessary.
- Act as liaison with third party licensors, ensuring timely approval at each stage of development.
- Act as liaison with Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Sales and Planning in order to drive product development in its entirety.
- Manage the financial aspects of a portfolio of products, including costing and pricing, budgeting, SKU rationalization, and profitability analysis.
- Manage assistant and associate level product marketing staff
- Create needed sales tools to support successful sell in of the Techno Source products
- 10+ years of consumer product brand management experience in a new product-oriented industry, preferably working with toys, games, consumer electronics, or video games
- Must enjoy gaming and toys and be able to help conceptualize gameplay based on the characteristics of a brand or character
- Hands-on understanding of product development functions for diverse product lines, including working directly with Product Designers, Graphic Designers, as well as with overseas development and manufacturing facilities.
- Experience with project planning and day to day project management for high volumes of product options, consistently meeting pre-established market introduction dates.
- A solid understanding of brand marketing concepts—especially as it relates to consumer products sold at retail
- Well organized, diligent, and capable of multi-tasking in a dynamic environment
- Excellent at working under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- Ability to quickly assess situations, take initiative and act accordingly to get the job done
- A flexible entrepreneurial spirit, thriving on change, speed, and problem solving
- Passionate about creative excellence and willing to drive self and others to achieve
- Finely honed intuition and discriminating creative judgment
- Exposure to both U.S. and international marketplaces a plus
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, Marketing or Business degree preferred
- Flexibility in working hours is a plus due to time zone differences with key contacts
- Must work out of NYC office
- Must be able to adapt to working with Asian offices in Hong Kong via email and phone
Interested candidates please contact Eric Levin at email@example.com