Rubie’s Costume Company is currently seeking a Marketing Director to work in its Melville, N.Y. location.
Rubie’s is the world’s largest producer of costumes and dress-up accessories, specializing in the creation, design, manufacturing, and distribution of costumes, make-up, wigs, masks, hats, and accessory items for Halloween and everyday on a global basis. The company actively negotiates and secures licensed rights to produce popular character and celebrity costumes from major studios, publishers, and talent agencies.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Manage toy, dress-up, and seasonal product lines for key licensed brands, including the preparation of strategic line plans for key licensed product lines, by retailer, in cooperation with product development and sales teams
- Be the day-to-day informational point-guard for key studio brand licensing executives
- Serve as the primary interface between sales and licensor retail business development (RBD) teams
- Coordinate activities and information flow between retail sales heads, licensor RBD teams, product development, and studio licensing executives in order to effect implementation of major retail strategies
- Produce and deliver high quality retail sales presentations in coordination with product development and sales
- Develop and coordinate advertising and sales promotions for key licensed brands
- Track key licensed brand sales performance and prepare all sales forecasts for these brands
- Analyze and report on key licensed brands performance and identify sales growth opportunities for both toy and seasonal products
- Travel as needed to trade shows and retail sales presentations
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or above, in Business/Marketing or equivalent
- Minimum five years product marketing and licensed brand management experience
- Brand management experience in brand positioning/retail merchandising/social media brand promotions
- Experience in building new product portfolios in conjunction with retail sales and product development to effect brand licensor goals by distribution channel
- Experience in creating and making licensed product sales presentations to major retailers and licensors
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Sales forecasting experience
The Company offers a competitive salary and benefits plan, including medical, 401(k), profit sharing, paid holidays, and vacation. Salary will be based on experience.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org; no phone calls please.