JumpStart Games, Inc, owner of Neopets, announced a new official merchandise licensing program based on the iconic brand and gaming franchise. Not only will the licensees be creating fun and iconic physical merchandise but fans will also receive codes with purchase of select merchandise which ties into their Neopets’ gaming experiences.
“For over 20 years, Neopets fans have shown their passion for the brand by collecting both virtual and physical Neopets content. As we expand the Neopets brand, players and fans have asked for new opportunities to own a piece of Neopets. We are excited to announce a new official merchandise licensing program that lets fans bring home their favorite Neopets collectibles, apparel, jewelry and more,” said Scott Nocas, EVP of Business Development and Marketing for JumpStart Games, Inc.
The new consumer merchandise partnerships include:
● Hot Topic: Shopping from home? A new collection of T-shirts has launched on Hot Topic.com! You can choose from a variety of classic designs, as well as festive options in time for the holidays, at hottopic.me/3l3kIfY
● What’s Your Passion Jewelry: Collect Korbat, Wocky, Jetsam, Grundo, Acara and more! Available in sterling silver and 14k gold, these pieces are perfect for fans of all ages! Each piece of jewelry sold comes with an in game code to redeem items on Neopets.com! Fans can also expect to see an extensive collection of premium hard-enamel glitter pins from What’s Your Passion Jewelry. Bonus: Receive an in-game code with every two pins purchased. Gift With Purchase: Free Snowickle Pin with a $95 Neopets Merchandise purchase (applicable to both pins and jewelry). Limited edition of 100. Get them while supplies last!
● Geekify: Get your hands on incredibly soft, branded blankets featuring some of your favorite Faeries and Neopets. You can also show off your dedication to Neopia with rare Paint Brushes and Petpet enamel pins, and embroidered patches. Purchases come with in-game codes that you can redeem on your Neopets.com account. After completing your purchase of $41 to $75 USD (before tax) you’ll receive a rare in-game item code!
● H3 Apparel: Neopets has partnered with H3 Sportgear for a line of men’s, women’s, junior’s and children’s accessories and headwear featuring iconic graphics. The program will kick off just in time for the holiday season at Hot Topic physical retail stores with a selection of T-shirts and joggers.
● Squip: Starting in Spring 2021, Squip.com will be offering full color print on demand 3D figures of favorite characters like Dr. Sloth, Hannah, and the Kougra to name a few!
Throughout its history, Neopets has been a home to, and inspired, a huge artist community. To support current and future licensors, Neopets is recognizing the passion and skill of its artist fanbase by launching a fan artist partnership program. Beginning with Krista Staggs, also known as @Kuitsuku (longtime Neopets artist who has been featured in lootcrate and kotaku), and Anthony Conley (designer behind many of the Neopets, petpets, faeries and popular plot characters in 2000’s), Neopets will hire artists from the community to create designs and art for licensees and new merchandise. As the program expands in 2021, the brand will be adding new artists and merchandise.
“Neopets is a positive outlet for our users, especially during these crazy times and we’re really excited to continue to grow and expand the brand,” said Stephanie Lord, Brand Manager. “ We are actively releasing updates to the site (converting to Flash, a site refresh amongst others) and now we can add merchandise items to that list.”
To identify the best licensing partners, the brand has partnered with Carlin West Agency LLC. Future merchandise launches in 2021 include plush toys, collectable figures, comics, accessories, gift and novelty, stationery and more. New merchandise for the holiday season is just the beginning of developments happening for the brand in 2021.