- Store Check: Black Friday Weekend Madness
- Jakks and Microsoft for Kinectimals
- MEGA Brands’ Need for Speed Line
Toy manufacturer Tara Toy, founded in 1977, is the manufacturer of a wide range of licensed activity products, toys, party favors, and, most recently, games. The company has grown from its roots into a licensee for brands from Disney, Mattel, and other major licensors, as well as establishing its own line of games.
Just a few months ago, Electrolux Global Brand Licensing (EGBL) announced that it would be staking its claim in the U.S. licensing arena, with a focus on brand extensions. One of the most recent extensions involves the AEG brand and “green” products. Founded in Germany in 1883, AEG’s reputation spans a wide spectrum of products, from appliances to power tools to toys. Matt Young, head of EGBL, explains how three licensees are using the AEG brand name to bring high-quality, eco-friendly products to the U.S.
- Great News This Thanksgiving
- TOTY Nominees Announced
Sakar is a global consumer electronics company. One facet of this multi-tiered business focuses on kid-related products and brands. Liza Abrams, vp of licensing and corporate communications, explains the strategy for some of the latest licenses that the company is working with.
- Store Check: Sears and JCPenney
- TRU to Open at 10pm on Thanksgiving
- Become a Sing-a-ma-jig! with TRU on Facebook
- Minnie Muse at Forever 21
- Henson’s HIP Signs Hutton
- Lisa Frank Signs Gibson
- Rubik’s Slide Gets an App
- Holiday Season: News and Notes
- Store Check: Toy Displays at the Drug Chains
- Rise in Private Label Continues
- Spin Master’s Anton Rabie Is Dancing with the Stars
- Walmart Reports Third Quarter Results
- Telemundo Jewelry Line Unveiled Last Week
Americans cherish their cars, making automotive-related brands popular for licensing. Automotive magazine brands are no exception to this. The Joester Loria Group has recently been named as the licensing agent for Car and Driver and Road & Track. The Joester Loria Group is putting together a licensing program for each magazine’s brand that will highlight its unique position in the category.