As short-form content continues to be a go-to piece of the puzzle for kids’ entertainment, lending itself well to how kids are watching, we take a look at the overall state of kids entertainment and the complex strategy to finding success.
JAKKS Pacific, in collaboration with Toho and Legendary Entertainment, announced the global launch of its new line of Godzilla toys inspired by Warner Bros. Pictures’ and Legendary Entertainment’s Godzilla: King of the Monsters, hitting theaters May 31, 2019.
Hasbro’s new Star Wars Lightsaber Academy Interactive Training System lets kids train to become a lightsaber master
- Observations & Opinions: Surviving, and Thriving? by Bob Glaser
- Celebrating and Nurturing the Inventor Community by Laurie Chartorynsky, The Toy Association
- Know More, Stand Out More: Using ASTRA Academy Education to Differentiate Your Toy Business by Kimberly Mosley, ASTRA President
- Snatching Defeat Out of The Jaws of Victory by John W. Brady
- In The Face of Fad-Driven Product by Matthew Nuccio, president of Design Edge
- Shop Talk: A Road Map to Amazon by Jennifer Lynch
- YULU: Delivering Innovation in a Snap by Ashley Rogers
- 25 Years of KidStuff by Jennifer Lynch
- eSports, Fortnite Usher In New Era of Gaming by Sara Mosqueda
- The Kidult Rising: How Today’s Adult Fans Offer New Opportunities for Brand Owners by Jennifer Lynch
- Toy Fair 2019 compiled by Jennifer Lynch
- The Forefront of Kids Entertainment: Talk Digitally and Carry a Big Experience by Naz Amarchi-Cuevas, Women In Toys
- As Kids’ Content Gets Shorter, Strategy Gets More Complex by Jennifer Lynch
Wicked Cool Toys (WCT) unveils its new Ninja product line at the 2019 International Toy Fairs in Hong Kong, London, Nuremberg and New York.
Funko makes move into games aisle with the acquisition of Forrest-Pruzan Creative, the board game development studio behind games such as Disney Villainous, Harry Potter: Hogwarts Battle, Bob Ross – Art of Chill, and Choose Your Own Adventure – House of Danger.
Looking back at my October 2017 column, I was armed with facts proclaiming that brick-and-mortar retail was rock solid, despite what we all saw in the news. Sixteen months later, following the 2018 Christmas season, I was curious: Had those predictions been accurate? Did brick-and-mortar actually weather the Amazon storm of the past two seasons?
Geek culture has fully infiltrated the mainstream, and with sales of toys for adults rising, this means new opportunities for brand owners.
SYBO Games’ CCO Naz Amarchi-Cuevas shares her insight on how both digital media and the importance of experience are critical components in tackling kids entertainment.