SYBO Games Teases New ‘Subway Surfers’ Animated Series
SYBO Games has revealed the first teaser for the Subway Surfers animated series, based on the mobile game which has more than 1.6 billion downloads.
The series, scripted by Brent Friedman (Star Wars Rebels, Star Wars: The Clone Wars) and produced by Daytime Emmy award-winning producer Sander Schwartz (The Batman, Baby Looney Tunes, Ozzy & Drix) gives fans a chance to hear the characters speak for the first time, delve into the lore of the Subway Surfers universe, and follow the adventures of Jake, Tricky, and Fresh.
The animated series will premiere next summer with 10×4-minute episodes, followed by a long-form series of 22-minute episodes. Click here to watch the teaser for the new series.
WIT Announces Wonder Women Awards Finalists
Women in Toys, Licensing and Entertainment (WIT) announced the slate of Wonder Women Awards Finalists for its 14th Wonder Women Awards Gala, which will take place on Sunday, February 18. The Gala celebrates industry leaders for their outstanding contributions in toys, licensing and entertainment, and winners will be announced that evening in eight categories.
● Amanda Madore – Senior Manager, Brand Relations, LEGO
● Laurie Leahey – Senior Editor, TTPM
● Michelle Chidoni – Vice President, Global Brand Communications, Mattel
● Shawn Smith – Director of Public Relations and Brand Partnerships, MGA Entertainment
● Susan Murphy – Vice President, Coyne PR
● Christine Turco – Senior Director, Sales, The LEGO Group
● Donna Moore – Advertising Director, TTPM
● Erin Fish – Senior Director, Sales, Mattel
● Kelly Tomaselli – International Account Manager Latin America & Canada, Moose Toys
● Laura Fletcher – National Account Manager, Jazwares
● Lexi Lazer – Vice President, Sales, Spin Master
● Lisa Gilbert – Vice President, Sales, Toys “R” Us and Fan Channel, Hasbro
● Mary Pearson – Director of National Accounts, PlayMonster
● Amy Pruzansky – Senior VP, Global Advanced Concept Team, Spin Master
● Laurel Wider – Founder, Wonder Crew
● Meghan McCarthy – Head of Allspark Animation, Hasbro
● Robin Sydney – President, Zorbitz
● Sohyun Park – Manager, Product Development, Disney Junior & Disney Baby, Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media
● Sydney Wiseman – Brand Manager, WowWee
● Claire Gilchrist, Vice President of Consumer Products, Hasbro
● Danielle Jones – Brand Business Director, Jazwares
● Dawn Ciccone – Vice President, Brand Licensing, PBS
● Divya Dalal – Director Licensing, Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media
● Kate Karcher Clark – Founder & President, YOTTOY
● Kristin Sangha – President, Innovative Designs
● Menal McGrath – Director of Licensing Acquisitions, Moose Toys
● Meredith Norrie – Director, Licensing, Disney Consumer Products & Interactive Media
● Anna Mowbray – Co-Owner and Chief Operating Officer, ZURU Toys
● Diana Young – Vice President of Product Development, Spin Master
● Stacy Lellos – SVP & General Manager, Klutz
● Sydney Wiseman – Brand Manager, WowWee Ltd.
● Claire McGarry – Global Head of Girls, Moose Toys
● Hailey Wu Sullivan – Vice President, Global Marketing, Girls Toy Box, Mattel
● Jennifer Eiselein – VP of Marketing & Product Development, VTech Electronics North America
● Julie Powell Christopher – Vice President Marketing North America, Entertainment One
● Sarah Orefice – Senior Director, Retail Marketing, Nickelodeon
● Tamara Horowitz – VP and Executive Producer Creative Content & Integrated Marketing, COE
● Tyla Bucher – Vice President, and My Little Pony Franchise Leader, Hasbro
● Cindy Levitt – SVP Merchandise and Marketing, Hot Topic
● Ellen Henry – Merchandise Manager, Hallmark Retail, LLC
● Leslie Jenkins – Senior Director Marketing, D2C North America, LEGO Systems, Inc.
● Ali Mierzejewski – Senior Editor, The Toy Insider
● Anna Fronberry – Associate Buyer, Claire’s
● Dani Merkrebs – Director of Licensing, Soft Lines, Entertainment One
● Ela Pauleus – Senior Director of Sales, Jakks Pacific
● Elizabeth Max – Senior Manager, Toy Industry Foundation
● Erica Buxton – CEO, EQtainment
● Georgia Wistow – Head of Delivery, North America, SuperAwesome
● Hattie Elliott Peze – CEO and Head Mermaid Enthusiast, Blankie Tails
● Kate Martino – Director of Global Brand & Marketing Strategy, Monopoly, Hasbro
● Kate Nichols – Senior Global Brand Manager, Spin Master
● Katie Smith – Director, Retail Development, Nickelodeon
● Krista Berger – Senior Director, Marketing Barbie, Mattel
● Lindsay Albert – Senior Licensing Manager, Toys, Nickelodeon
● Madison Bauman – Order and Planning Coordinator, Moose Toys
● Meghan Hall – Director, Content Marketing & Integration, LEGO Systems, Inc.
● Stephanie Mendoza – Licensing Manager, Sesame Workshop
WIT will also induct Lifetime Achievement Honoree and Creata CEO Norma Rosenhain and present Nancy Zwiers, executive vice-president and global CMO at Spin Master, with the Elise Lachowyn Mentorship Award. Additionally, WIT will recognize the Toys “R” Us President of Play, 11-year-old Ariana Gentry, with the Wonder Girl Award, and the WIT Foundation Scholarship program will present seven scholarships to student recipients in related toy, engineering, and licensing industry-focused programs at universities around the world.
Voting for the Wonder Women Awards is now open to all WIT members, board of directors and advisory board.