Blue Plate Media Services (BPMS) has announced their 20-year anniversary providing media services in the toys and games, gaming, entertainment, publishing, and CPG fields in North America with an emphasis and expertise on youth and family marketing.
“We are so excited and proud to celebrate our big 20th anniversary,” said David Becker, President and CEO of BPMS. “We started in this business in 2000 to serve members of the Toy Association. From the start, our role was straightforward, to provide honest industry insights and guidance to the toy and sporting goods industry, so they could better navigate the media landscape. We’ve always believed in a healthy mix of media, but over the years, through two decades of agency benchmarking and enhancing our media mix measurement tools, we have expanded and grown into new and effective marketing channels, driving clients’ brands through measured visibility, engagement and conversion to sales.”
At their keynote address, “TV+Digital: The Point of No Return,” at New York Toy Fair, co-sponsored by BPMS and The Toy Association, BPMS presented tactical media strategies, including the following:
- Remember to identify your core audience and campaign goals, align your messaging with your priority distribution retail partners, and run your campaign across brand safe, relevant channels that resonate with your core audience and deliver your brand message.
- You must understand the change in behavior if you’re going to embrace changing behavior. Understand the impact of the change and the reduced ability to reach kids.
- Media fragmentation is splintering audiences and attention across the board. It’s not TV then Digital or Digital then TV. They must work together. Digital is relevant and able to drive deep engagement. TV drives efficient reach against broad targets.
- When and how should you invest in media to drive your kid and family brands? Where do you start? Start with reach. Brand building is achieved by optimizing reach against a broad target. Reach is always the main driver of growth. A media mix that is out of alignment will drive higher frequency than required and not enough reach against your target. When reach flattens and frequency accelerates, it’s time to shift your platform allocation and investment.
- There is no magic in media. No one digital or TV format can reach everybody. The right mix of cross channel marketing can drive reach far beyond what one medium can do alone. Most toy companies have not adapted to this new reality. The magic is in the mix. And in the transparency of your partners.
Driven by client industry needs, mix analysis, and 20 years of agency campaign benchmarking, BPMS presented its BPMS Media Mix Optimizer, a custom measurement tool that calculates and identifies the “Point of No Return,” the axis point in any campaign where media investment must change in order to drive audience reach and greater efficiencies.
Celebrating its 20th year anniversary, BPMS continues on its course of providing media buying expertise in the kid, mom, and family space.