Women in Toys, Licensing & Entertainment (WIT) is partnering with Walmart to host Ready, Set, Retail!, a half-day virtual event on September 9 focused on helping female inventors get their products on the retailer’s shelves.
Ready, Set Retail is open to inventors, entrepreneurs, and anyone else who wants to learn more about the retail landscape, and how to work with Walmart to bring their toy or game concept to the masses.
Throughout the day’s sessions, attendees will learn about manufacturing, sourcing, pitching, e-commerce, Walmart Marketplace, and more. Several Walmart team members will participate to share their knowledge about how they work with inventors. They include:
- Jeff Evans, Executive vice president, entertainment, toys, & seasonal at Walmart
- Lisa Bowman, senior merchant, toys, Walmart merchandising
- Joel Parish, senior director, product development, Walmart merchandising
- Danelle Jackson, senior manager, product development Walmart merchandising
- Erin Fish, merchandising director, toys, Walmart merchandising
- Shilpa Holden, senior manager, editorial Walmart site merchandising
- Jessica Partridge, senior manager, toys, Walmart site merchandising
- Kristina Stewart, manager, strategic account management, Walmart Marketplace
Among the speakers is also inventor Fresh Dolls and Positively Perfect creator Dr. Lisa Williams MBA., MA., PhD, who will discuss her journey from pitching ideas to Walmart, to developing her products and distributing them across the country.
Tickets for the event are free for WIT members and $49 for non-members. Tickets also include access to an interactive Slack channel for attendees and access to session recordings after the event. Registration and more information can be found here.