Educational toy companies Learning Resources, Educational Insights and hand2mind advanced their mission to bring learning to life with donations totaling more than $1.7M in monetary and product support to a wide variety of philanthropic organizations in 2022.
“Our mission is to bring learning to life,” said Sari Winick, Global Chief Marketing Officer. “To that end, we are proud to have helped a wide variety of philanthropic organizations that support children and families during 2022.”
Some of the most impactful giving initiatives supported by Learning Resources, Educational Insights and hand2mind in 2022 include:
- The translation and distribution of free educational resources to Ukrainian refugees in locations around the world along with a financial donation to support relief efforts for those affected by the conflict. Employees spearheaded a Ukraine fundraising campaign, spread the word, and asked partners to support it, raising a total of $95K from the company, employees, their friends and family, and valued business partners.
- Support for the Uvalde, Texas school tragically impacted by a shooting. hand2mind donated thousands of dollars of curriculum resources to the school.
- Following last Summer’s tragic event in Highland Park, IL, which is located near the Learning Resources and hand2mind corporate headquarters, the companies supported the community with a monetary donation to the Highland Park Community Foundation, as well as a donation of educational products to HP Unites.
- To help start the school year safely, the companies donated $800,000 worth of PPE and classroom supplies to meet the request of another longtime partner, the Kids In Need Foundation.
- After hearing charities were receiving fewer donations than they needed for Christmas, a substantial donation of thousands of toys was made to longtime partner Toys For Tots, based out of the local Great Lakes Naval Base.
- Learning Resources established a Buy-One-Give-One campaign in December to support underserved families nationwide, allowing them to share in a love of learning through play during the holidays.
Additionally, throughout the year, employees have generously given their time to local Chicago-based causes such as Bernie’s Book Bank, Feed My Starving Children, Ronald McDonald House Charities, Best Buddies and Play Your Part Chicago. The Educational Insights team, located in California, also supported many Los Angeles-based charitable organizations financially, through in-kind donations, and volunteer hours this year. Some of those include Momentum Pediatric Therapy Network, My Stuff Bags Foundation, Special Needs Network and Next Up Foundation.
Learning Resources, Educational Insights and hand2mind has partnered with local and national networks to participate in giving initiatives, including the WGN-TV Toy Drive, The Drew Barrymore Show, The Today Show and Good Morning America. Past sponsorships include Donors Choose, Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation Walk, Autism Speaks, Ravinia Festival, and Advocate Healthcare.
Over the last six years, the family of educational toy companies has supported more than 35 charities and donated millions of dollars to non-profit and smaller organizations, in addition to various private and public schools nationwide.