Rainbow Productions, the UK’s official supplier of over 140 licensed children’s characters for personal appearances, has announced the addition of major new costume characters to its portfolio.
The popular characters – all TV, streaming or publishing hits – are enjoying very high levels of awareness, which is why Rainbow is delighted to be able to meet the growing demand for appearances by these characters:
· True, the intelligent, fearless eight-year-old heroine of TV hit True and the Rainbow Kingdom, who helps the whimsical citizens of the Rainbow Kingdom with their problems.
· The iconic Original Stormtroopers are instantly recognizable. The Shepperton brand celebrates them when they are off duty and getting up to all sorts of adventures.
· Master Moley, the charming, optimistic young mole and star of his own animated series who lives deep in a burrow in the bustling city of MoleTown.
· Mia & Twinkle from the enormously successful CGI-animated web series Little Baby Bum, which supports the development of language in children through song and repetition.
· Janet & Bill, the stars of Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler’s latest hit book The Smeds and The Smoos.
All of these characters are now available for meet & greet appearances at third party events at venues such as shopping centers, theme parks, retailers and festivals. In addition, a sing-along activity can be added to Little Baby Bum appearances, and the Original Stormtroopers can perform a dance routine.
Such appearances are very popular with young fans and, as well as generating brand visibility and increased customer engagement, retail tours in particular directly boost average sales on character-related merchandise, in some cases by as much as 200%.
Rainbow Productions also employs some of the best-trained actors in the unique medium of costume character portrayal, so that accurate personalities and signature movements for the chosen characters are delivered.
Magdalena Foulkes, Licensing Director, Rainbow Productions, says: “From established hits like Peppa Pig and the Teletubbies to these enormously popular recent favorites like Master Moley and Janet and Bill, the demand for children’s characters appearing in person is stronger than ever – from kids, parents, retailers, theme parks, festivals and more. We’re thrilled to be recognized as the go-to name for UK licensed character appearances.”