Dr Seuss Enterprises celebrates its 30th anniversary this year as a leading global children’s entertainment company, focusing on promoting literacy, education, self-confidence, and the wonderful possibilities of a child’s imagination through the works of Dr Seuss. The creative, whimsical world of Dr Seuss and its characters have inspired generations of readers and continues to be a true pop culture and entertainment phenomenon, with major successes both on the page, in theaters, on stage, on screen and in many other outlets. At the 2023 Brand Licensing Europe, Dr Seuss Enterprises will showcase a range of new initiatives including the roll out of new consumer product lines, breakthrough marketing programs, and initiatives, new entertainment projects, as well as the growth of their longstanding portfolio partners. Dr Seuss Enterprises continues to grow, expanding within several categories including entertainment, food and toys, infant and toddler, and digital products.
For Brand Licensing Europe, Dr Seuss Enterprises will be represented on the WildBrain CPLG stand B171. Here’s a brief rundown of what Dr Seuss Enterprises will be showcasing at Brand Licensing Europe:
Entertainment, Digital Content, Publishing, and Experiences
Off the heels of a stellar year that included the debut of hit series Dr Seuss Baking Challenge on Prime Video, Dr Seuss Enterprises is continuing to bring the Dr Seuss world and its characters to life with new entertainment and content deals including:
● Warner Brothers Animation- The Cat in the Hat feature film will kick off the new Dr Seuss movie slate followed by Thing One and Thing Two in an original feature length animated adventure. Bad Robot Productions has also been tapped to adapt Oh, the Places You’ll Go! for the big screen with J.J. Abrams and head of motion pictures Hannah Minghella as producers on the film and visionary director Jon Chu.
● Netflix and Dr Seuss are currently working on a slate of animated preschool series inspired by the incredible, treasured stories and characters of Dr Seuss. This preschool line-up will introduce concepts of foundational learning and also explore themes of diversity and respect for others – while focusing first and foremost on fun and engaging stories, all with the distinctive visual style and rhythm and rhyme of Dr Seuss.
● The Dr Seuss Experience- Dr Seuss Enterprises has been working with Kilburn Live since 2019 on The Dr Seuss Experience, an immersive and interactive attraction that brings the iconic author’s famed books to life. The attraction first debuted in Toronto and then shifted to the States with stops in Houston, Chicago, and Denver. Most recently it opened in Washington DC in April 2023.
● Seuss Studios- Dr Seuss Enterprises will launch Seuss Studios, a line of books for early readers by new and emerging authors and illustrators who will create original stories inspired by Ted Geisel’s (aka Dr Seuss) unpublished sketches and illustrations. Seuss Studios books will be geared towards readers ages 4 to 8 and will start to release next year.
● The Jim Henson Company- Dr Seuss Enterprises partnered with The Jim Henson Company to bring Come Over to My House, a television puppet-led docuseries, to fans.
Expansion of Overall Merchandising Program
Across the full portfolio of literary properties, Dr Seuss Enterprises plans to grow licensing programs around the following categories:
· Toys and Hardlines
· Food and Beverage
· Health and Beauty Care / Health and Beauty Aids
· Infant and Baby
· Digital and Gaming
Heading into the end of 2023/beginning of 2024, Dr Seuss Enterprises already has some exciting deals and partnership plans lined up with major partners including Adidas, Hershey, Revolution Beauty, H&M, Creme d’Or, Fall Guys, among many others.
Dr Seuss Enterprises is building out campaigns around some of the most popular characters and titles heading into the end of 2023 an2024 including:
● Grinch- Everyone’s favorite loveable, but grumpy, character The Grinch continues to delight fans and dominate retail every holiday season. Dr Seuss Enterprises continues to bring on world-class partners and develop impactful retail programs featuring characters from the popular book How the Grinch Stole Christmas! And, this fall, fans can find out what happens to the Grinch after he celebrates Christmas with the citizens of Who-ville, with the debut of the iconic book’s sequel, How the Grinch Lost Christmas!
● Dr Seuss’s Birthday-in March 2024, Dr Seuss Enterprises will celebrate reading and all things Dr Seuss with the annual Dr Seuss’s Birthday program that brings together over 45 million children, educators, and parents.
● The Lorax – Dr Seuss Enterprises continues to work with eco-friendly partners to bring the earth loving Lorax to fans, as well as expand The Lorax publishing program to include new books featuring the Lorax for all ages.
● Oh, the Places You’ll Go! – Year after year, graduates find inspiration and take advice from the classic Dr Seuss book Oh, the Places You’ll Go!, which continues to be a top graduation gift year after year. Dr Seuss Enterprises’ growing annual program for the book includes partners across all categories, such as Life is Good, Oriental Trading Company, Hallmark, and more.