FAO Schwarz, New York City’s most iconic toy store, unveils their dazzling holiday happenings, inspiring families and kids of all ages to embrace the wonder and awe of the holiday season. Surrounded by the festive Rockefeller Center, FAO Schwarz plays host to the ultimate holiday shopping destination, where shopping is actually full of fun and play!
Unwrapping the magic of the holiday season, FAO Schwarz is packed with one-of-a-kind customer experiences, making a visit to the Rockefeller Center flagship store a must-do holiday tradition.
From the ultimate Barbie Boutique and the new Jellycat Diner, to the classic, fan-favorites like its famous Grand Piano and the Opening Ceremony with FAO Toy Soldiers, FAO Schwarz promises a festive season to remember for both kids and kids-at-heart.
“At FAO Schwarz, we are more than just a toy store – we inspire awe and wonder around every corner of the store,” said David Niggli, Chief Merchandising Officer at FAO Schwarz. “We’re thrilled to partner with our amazing team of demonstrators and toy soldiers, along with the most special toys, to bring them to life in a theatrical, magical way. The holiday season is meant to bring out the kid in all of us, and that’s what will happen when you step inside our store.”
Celebrating the most wonderful time of the year, the FAO Toy Soldiers present the Top 10 Reasons to Visit FAO Schwarz:
● Barbie’s Styled by You: First, step into the life-sized Barbie box for a photo opp, and then become Barbie’s personal stylist and take home your custom doll and outfit selection. Our in-store stylist team will help get Barbie runway ready before getting her ready to travel in style with an exclusive FAO X Barbie armoire in classic Barbie Pink!
● Jellycat Diner: Get the authentic New York experience and grab a city favorite at the Jellycat Diner, inspired by the fan-obsessed plush toys. Peruse the menu and choose from our Amusable Burger, Taco, Hotdog or Pizza slice that are 100% stuffed full of joy! Each personalized experience includes an Amusable plush food item, an exclusive enamel pin, exclusive sticker sheet, gift packaging, personalized sticker, and a reusable tote bag. Additional Jellycat specialty plush are available to add to fans’ collections.
● Crazy Aarons’ Crazy Creator: Get inventive and make your very own customized thinking putty at Crazy Aaron’s Crazy Creator. Pick your color, sprinkle add-ins and see your creation come together using our special putty making equipment, right in front of your eyes. You can also create a unique Land of Dough cup by selecting 3 different scoops of dough to swirl together and take home.
● FAO Adoption Agency: Experience the joy of choosing your very own baby doll to take to their forever home at the FAO Adoption Agency. You will spend time with our adoption specialist who will help you pick the right baby doll for you and select a swaddle and outfit of your choice to take your baby home in, along with an official adoption certificate.
● FAO Raceway: Head down to the Raceway to build a fully-customized remote control car with the Pit Crew. Start off at the iPad station to start designing your RC from top to bottom, including the body, wheels, rims, bumpers, stickers and accessories. Once you have perfected the design, the Pit Crew will help you build your car and get it ready to drive in an exclusive carry home box.
● Elmo’s Monster Factory: Creativity flows free in the Elmo Monster Factory, where there are 4 different color monsters to choose from. Pick from a wide range of face customizations such as eyes, horns, eyebrows, and mustaches! Head home with your very own unique and lovable monster.
● Funko POP! Factory: Choose from various pieces to create your very own Funko POP! monster or Freddy. When ready, your Funko specialist will help create your POP!
● Build-A-Bear: Build a variety of plush friends, from FAO Soldier Bears to your favorite characters.
● FAO Schweetz: Fulfill your wildest, sweet dreams with a selection of your favorite candies from around the globe.
● World-Famous Grand Piano: Kick up your heels and dance on FAO Schwarz’s famous oversized piano to make your own music!
In addition, visitors to FAO Schwarz will discover a world-class collection of specialty toys to make holiday wishes come true, including Calico Critters, Steiff, Claris in Paris, Great Pretenders, Schleich and Bunnies by the Bay, which offers in-store monogramming for a whimsical, personalized touch.
The store has also elevated the shopping experience with a few VIP options, such as personal shopping and the Toy Soldier Experience, where you can get a behind-the-scenes tour and learn the history of FAO Schwarz (reservation required; based upon availability). Visit this website for information and booking.