Gear up for a week of innovation and fun, because People of Play (POP) is announcing a lineup of blockbuster events for both the trade as well as kids and their families this November. POP Week events bring together consumers, families, inventors, manufacturers, retailers, educators, hobbyists, social media influencers and the media – at the beginning of the holiday season – to play, celebrate, discover, support and promote the creation of toys and games.
“We are excited to give pro and new inventors the opportunity to pitch their ideas to companies from all over the world in a relaxed, efficient, and cost-effective setting. At our public Chicago Toy and Game Fair, attendees enjoy exclusive hands-on experience with the newest, hottest toys and games of the holiday season,” said Mary Couzin, Founder and President, People of Play. “Kids will also have the awesome opportunity to test brand new products from leading toy companies and meet inventors from all over the world who created them.”
Presenting a host of industry events throughout the week, POP Week kicks off Wednesday evening and continues throughout Sunday evening with:
· Inventor Pitch and Innovation Conferences – November 7-9th: The Chicago Toy & Game Group Innovation Conference is the largest and longest running inventor pitch, networking and education event in the world. Kickoff event on the evening of the 6th.
· TAGIE Awards Gala – November 8th: The 17th Annual Toy and Game Innovation Excellence Awards – the TAGIEs – Gala is a celebratory and entertaining evening at Joe’s LIVE Concert venue. The TAGIEs bring together toy industry leaders from around the world for a night of celebration to pay homage to masters in innovation in categories such as Toy Designer, Game Designer, PR & Marketer, Retailer, Supplier, Licensor, Art & Design, Rising Star, Game Changer and Young Inventor of the Year.
· Chicago Toy & Game Fair — November 9th – 10th: The 22nd annual Chicago Toy and Game Fair (CHITAG) is a fun hands-on event for the entire family to celebrate play, right before the holidays! Families can create and shop for their holiday wish lists with the hottest toys and games, test out new products, meet toy & game inventors, compete or watch the Illinois National Yoyo contest, and so much more! The Fair will open 1 hour early both days for families with special needs. Registration to exhibit is open! https://www.chitag.com/2024-exhibit-at-the-fair
· PlayCHIC Fashion Show – November 9th: Part of Chicago Toy and Game Fair, PlayCHIC showcases playful toy and game brands creating delightfully stunning and fresh runway looks. For more information, visit chitag.com/playchic.
· Play in Education (PIE) Conference – November 9th: The Chicago Toy & Game Group has been sharing the importance of play in education for over 20 years. The Play in Education Conference is on Saturday, November 9th. More information TBA.
· Young Inventor Challenge – November 9th: Children from the ages of 6 to 18 are encouraged to use their creativity to make and showcase their own original toy & game inventions and receive feedback from top industry professionals. Winning inventors will take home exciting grand prizes and have the opportunity to get their invention produced and sold at retail! Registration for the Young Inventor Challenge opens soon.
· Star Wars Character Lunch – November 10th: CHITAG is bringing back a fan favorite this year – the Star Wars Character Lunch. We’ve partnered with many affiliated Star Wars Clubs such as Star Wars: Galactic Academy: Death Star School of Illinois, 501st: Midwest Garrison & Rebel Legion: Nar Shaddaa Base, Dark Empire, Saber Guild, Droid Builders and Mandalorian Mercs. EPIC!
· Super Power Sensory Hour – November 9th: Super Power Sensory Hour will allow families who have children with special needs to attend the ChiTAG fair an hour earlier than the general public. The families will be admitted to the fair for free, and will have the unique opportunity to touch, feel and experience the Fair before the crowds.
Sponsorship opportunities are available for all events. For more information visit this page: https://www.chitag.com/2024-sponsor-opportunities
For information on all events, visit this page: www.chitag.com