becker&mayer!, the largest book producer in the United States as well as the creator of fun and educational toys under its SmartLab division, is seeking a full-time National Account Manager. An award-winning toy producer, SmartLab creates hands-on toys through which children explore science and art. becker&mayer!’s book titles for adults and children are recognized for their innovation and are often published under our clients’ names, which include Chronicle Books, Random House, Scholastic, Simon & Schuster, Abrams, and Silver Dolphin, among others.
The National Account Manager for Smartlab and becker&mayer! will play a critical role in growing revenue and market share in partnership with the rest of the sales, marketing, and creative teams. This individual will be responsible for expanding SmartLab sales in new and existing key accounts, as well as partnering with, and growing sales through, our U.S. distributor. The National Account Manager develops and implements strategies for his/her assigned accounts and channels that lead to achieving the goals set for each account and ongoing business expansion to build Smartlab into a market leader in the science/educational toy and game market. This individual will also be tasked with opening new markets/clients for the recently launched becker&mayer! retail program. He/she is a key team member in helping SmartLab determine future product direction.
SmartLab and b&m! Retail Sales
• Build annual strategic plans for key accounts and channels; report and forecast regularly on progress against sales and strategic goals. Track and report on performance to goals on weekly and annual basis.
• Responsible for managing assigned accounts; including developing sales presentations, meeting quote deadlines and complying with all client requirements.
• Track and manage all sales functions, including budgets, goal setting, seasonal presentations & frequent communication.
• Partner with US distributor on account and market share expansion; lead and manage this key relationship.
• Partner and execute on creative merchandising ideas with accounts for better placement and incremental sales opportunities.
• Increase Smartlab and b&m! exposure and relationships at all levels of account’s organization.
• Work with all divisions of each account (toys, games, activity, books, girls, boys, online, et cetera) to maximize revenue potential.
• Work with creative and product development teams where possible to create exclusive product for accounts when strategic growth plan calls for this.
• Responsible for selling both new and existing product to all accounts and channels.
• Conduct annual account business reviews when appropriate.
• Share in the responsibility to meet objectives of product cost, perceived value, brand identity & play value.
• Share insight with the creative team on new product ideas based on client feedback and marketplace knowledge.
• Assist the company in producing products at appropriate market prices and in aspects of product development to achieve P&L goals.
• Shared responsibility for initial forecasting of products by gathering necessary information from key accounts and sales representatives.
• Responsible for forecasting and communicating the on-going inventory needs of assigned accounts.
• Negotiate pricing & other contractual terms of a deal with the approval of the President.
• Attend all relevant trade shows
• Travel as appropriate
Key Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Aggressive, proactive, and results-oriented approach to sales & all matters
• Highly responsible
• Organized and detail-oriented
• Proven ability to build sales at key accounts
• Strong analytical and business development skills
• Possesses an entrepreneurial business mind set
• Ability to work both independently & in a team-driven environment
• Requires minimal supervision
• Proven ability to inspire & motivate others
• Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal
• Proficient computer skills including Macs, MS Suite, and Excel
Experience & Education Requirements:
• BA or BS Degree desired
• 7-plus years related sales experience desired
• Previous management experience preferred
• Toy and game experience preferred
• Retail account knowledge necessary
Travel Required: 30%-40%
Interested candidates may email their applications to Bryan King, firstname.lastname@example.org