The holiday season will blast off with the World’s Largest Kid-Powered Rocket as part of the 17th annual Chicago Toy and Game (CHITAG) Fair. Taking place Saturday, November 23 and Sunday, November 24 at Navy Pier (600 E. Grand Ave., Chicago), CHITAG Fair will host 30,000 attendees for a playful weekend discovering the hottest holiday toys and games.
The CHITAG Fair is North America’s largest toy and game fair open to the public and will feature more than 125 interactive exhibits, immersive events, and activities for all ages, created by leading toy and game brands from around the world.
Now in its 17th year, the CHITAG Fair has become a tradition for toy and game lovers of all ages in Chicagoland and around the world. The Fair takes place annually the weekend before Thanksgiving, when tens of thousands of attendees kick off the holiday shopping season by experiencing toys, games, and entertainment properties first-hand.
“CHITAG Fair is Chicago’s original play experience,” said CEO and founder Mary Couzin. “This year, we’re taking the experience to new heights, launching the World’s Largest Kid-Powered Rocket, along with sneak peeks of some of the hottest holiday toys!”
CHITAG Fair 2019 Highlights
The 30,000 people expected to walk through the doors will have plenty to see and do including:
- Help launch the World’s Largest Kid-Powered Rocket (Kite and Rocket Research)
- Check out the new Super Things line of collectible toys and receive free blind bag samples before the toys hit retail stores (Goliath)
- Get crafty and decorate a Fuzzikins to take home (PlayMonster)
- Test their putting skills at the Gator Golf Putting Station (Goliath)
- Take a spin on the My Buddy Wheels balance bikes and new Yvolution scooters (Yvolution)
- Young inventors ages six to 18 compete in the Young Inventor Challenge on Saturday, November 23
- Join Sven’s Frozen Adventure for the Frozen II Scavenger Hunt (JAKKS Pacific)
- Experience the first public showcasing of the new D-O being introduced in Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker (Hasbro)
- Enjoy a performance of WTTW’s The Big Idea Tour’s Traveling Lab on Saturday, November 23
- Watch contestants from coast to coast compete in the Yo-Yo Championship
- Adults can stop by the Beer Garden and sit down to play some of the industry’s best games for grown-ups, including the newest from the makers of Exploding Kittens (Let’s Play Games)
- Watch Princess Etch bring their favorite characters to life on her Etch-a-Sketch
- Enjoy Ben’s Giant Bubble Show and the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile
- Snap a photo with their favorite Star Wars characters from the 501st Legion
- Meet toy and game inventors from around the world
- Take advantage of discounts on the hottest holiday toys
- Special needs families can come early both days for the Sensory Power Hour
- Visit Chitag.com for more details
One day ahead of the Fair, the Toy and Game Innovation Awards, known as the TAGIEs, will host the 12th Annual Gala on Friday, November 22. The Gala brings together toy industry leaders from around the world for a night of celebration to honor masters of invention in categories such as Toy Innovator of the Year and Game Innovator of the Year. For more information and to purchase tickets, visit chitag.com/tagies.
These events are supported by key sponsors including Goliath, Mattel, PlayMonster, Hasbro, Spin Master, The Michael Kohner Corporation, Oxford Games, Exploding Kittens, Rummikub, American Specialty Toy Association, Toy Association, Longshore, Big G Creative, and ThinkFun.
CHITAG Fair tickets are $14 for adults and $7 for children, available now at chitag.com/fair. Fair hours are November 23, 10am-6pm, and November 24, 10am-5pm. CHITAG is timed each year to occur the same weekend as the Magnificent Mile Lights Festival.