People of Play, formerly known as the Chicago Toy & Game Group, is once again shining the spotlight on the creativity of inventors with the premiere of POP’s Got Talent, a virtual show that will air immediately following the Toy & Game International Excellence Awards (TAGIEs) on Friday, November 20th. The TAGIEs and POP’s Got Talent are sponsored by Spin Master, Hasbro, The Michael Kohner Corporation, Oxford Games, Radio Flyer, PlayMonster, Nextoy LLC, Kite and Rocket and Cartamundi.
Hosted by brothers Robert and David Fuhrer of Nextoy and BlueSquare Innovations respectively, POP’s Got Talent will showcase inventors and their special skills and abilities.
“The most creative and imaginative people in the world are part of the toy and game industry,” said Robert Fuhrer. “I knew that it would be inspiring to create a platform to share their many “other” gifts with the world. I told Mary Couzin, President and Founder of People of Play, about this crazy idea and she was all in. It’s going to be an amazing night!”
POP’s Got Talent performances include:
● Steve Casino, inventor with Bang Zoom Design and his amazing peanut creations
● A fire whip performance from Kevin Daniels, President and Co-Founder of Fun in Motion Toys
● Fire dancing from Andreas Hoenigschmid of GeoBender
● Randy Klimpert, Chief Creative at Creata shares his ukulele and guitar collection
● Step inside Alexa Meade’s 3D painted installations
● Three magic shows including Jim Cafferty, Founder of JMP Creative and Mark Setteducati, professional inventor and magician, and Danny Kishon of All in 1
● Watch ASTRA’s winning lip sync video from Roo Games’ Tim Walsh, Scott Brown and Chris Callaghan
● Etch A Sketch artist Jane Labowitch, aka Princess Etch
● A piano performance from Jay Horowitz, President of American Classic Toy
● Joseph’s Machines! From Joseph Herscher, kinetic artist and YouTuber
● And backwards talking by David Fuhrer
Individual tickets to the TAGIE Awards and POP’s Got Talent are $50 until October 31 and $55 thereafter.
Tickets are also available as part of an all-access pass to the 2020 Toy & Game International Innovation Summit, a 5-day educational conference with talks from industry veterans, meaningful networking and pitch opportunities.
For more information, go to www.chitag.com/.