Real Deal

Chupa Chups Brand Expands in Germany

Perfetti Van Melle expands its presence across the German-speaking region through an expanded partnership with merchandising and licensing agency, g.l.a.m. for Chupa Chups.

Based on the development of the existing cooperation in selected food categories, g.l.a.m. will also handle licensing of the lifestyle brand in manifold non-food categories.

Next November 7th g.l.a.m will present the Chupa Chups brand at Lima’s Licensing Market 2017, a one day networking event in Munich.

Bear Grylls, Lyte Limited Team for Electronics

Bear Grylls has partnered with UK-based consumer electronics manufacturer, Lyte Limited, to create a range of action cameras, wearable cameras, and power banks.

The products will be performance-orientated and designed for the outdoors. The new line-up is set to launch in early 2018 and will be available across Europe, North America and Canada, Australia and New Zealand and South Africa.

The deal was brokered by Bear Grylls Ventures’ licensing agent for the region, Beanstalk.

Peanuts Taps CPLG for France, UK

Peanuts Worldwide appointed CPLG as the licensing agent for Snoopy, Charlie Brown, and the rest of the Peanuts in France and the UK, effective January 1, 2018, and in the Middle East, effective immediately. CPLG will oversee the Peanuts licensing presence in the market across a wide spectrum of product categories such as apparel, toy, food & beverage, and publishing. Both Peanuts Worldwide and CPLG are subsidiaries of DHX Media.

Earlier this year, the brand found a new home at DHX Media, which now owns 80 percent of the Peanuts Worldwide business, with the family of Charles Schulz retaining the remaining 20 percent.