The next season of the hit YouTube Premium series Cobra Kai airs April 24. In preparation, Sony Pictures Consumer Products (SPCP) has unveiled a multi-category licensing program.
Spencer’s will serve as the exclusive brick-and-mortar hub for all Cobra Kai needs in the U.S. and Canada. Select products arrived in Spencer’s stores on April 22. Featuring a roster of licensees and first-ever product categories, the newly reimagined franchise will allow fans to engage with a wide range of products around the globe.
Spencer’s exclusive retail collaboration kicks off on May 6, with a limited edition in-store gift with purchase across all 680-plus store locations. Fans can choose whether their allegiance is to Cobra Kai or Miyagi Dojo through merchandise packed with iconic show elements.
Season two will extend to new licensed products from SPCP throughout the year. New partners include Silver Screen Bottling Company, Party City, Funko and NECA, in addition to Bioworld Merchandising, Active Brand Commerce, and Fifth Sun.
Fans will also have direct access to shop official Cobra Kai and The Karate Kid merchandise online through The Araca Group. It launched the Cobra Kai store in December 2018 and has expanded the line for season two. SPCP will also team up with Teespring to develop an online destination that combines content and commerce through YouTube and Teespring’s new merch shelf function. Custom merchandise is featured directly under videos, allowing fans to directly browse the range on the channel and subsequently purchase products from apparel to home décor. Apparel licensee, Fifth Sun will also launch an Amazon and retail e-commerce print on-demand program with SPCP.
“Cobra Kai became an instant pop-culture phenomenon with its debut last year, reconnecting fans to the The Karate Kid brand they’ve known and loved for 35 years’” said Jamie Stevens, executive vice-president of Worldwide Consumer Products. “For the season two premiere, SPCP’s relationships with retailers such as Spencer’s and Teespring as well as our incredible licensee network, allow us to further connect with the devoted Cobra Kai fanbase through premium products that deeply resonate with their fandom and extend the property beyond the screen.”
“Spencer’s is excited to be selected as the brick-and-mortar retailer in the U.S. and Canada to offer exclusive Cobra Kai products to loyal fans of the series,” said Holly Rawlinson, vice-president and general manager, licensing and new business, Spencer’s. “Spencer’s has always been on the forefront of pop culture and this retail collaboration furthers our commitment to shoppers in offering the latest trends in apparel and accessories.”
Official Licensees for Cobra Kai Season Two:
- Costumes, including karate uniforms and headbands from Spirit Halloween and Party City Holdings
- The first-ever official Cobra Kai alcoholic beverage, 12-ounce bottled Cobra Kai IPA craft beer, from Silver Screen Bottling Company
- Cobra Kai apparel along with sleepwear, headwear, hosiery and a variety of accessories from Bioworld Merchandise
- Apparel collections (Tees, sweatshirts, sweatpants, sleepwear, socks and more) from Active Brand Commerce, Caprice Australia, and Fifth Sun
- Water bottles, stickers, duffle bags, wrist and headbands from Surreal Entertainment
- Notebooks, stationery, calendars, posters, wall art, key chains, rugs and mats, luggage accessories, and coasters from Impact Rock
- Funko Cobra Kai figures, phone accessories, backpacks, keychains, belts and buckles, hats and more
- NECA action figures inspired by the main characters