Anime brand Crunchyroll is kicking off the new year with a slate of licensing partners across categories for The Junji Ito Collection, a horror anime anthology from manga artist Junji Ito.
“Over the last year, we’ve seen anime continue to be a powerful force in popular culture and The Junji Ito Collection, with its unique take on the macabre, was no exception,” said John Leonhardt, head of consumer products, Crunchyroll. “Through the beautiful and terrifying, this collection of scary stories has inspired lines of apparel, skateboards, toys, games, and more. We look forward to providing fans around the world with a whole new line of Junji Ito merchandise to enjoy in the year ahead.”
Junji Ito had a breakout year in 2019, with licensing campaigns across categories and a slew of appearances and new series announcements.
Crunchyroll is also announcing two new licensing partners for The Junji Ito Collection, including a publishing campaign with IDW Publishing to bring a full line of Junji Ito artbooks, coloring books, board games, tarot cards, and more to market in late 2020/early 2021, and a campaign with Funko to create Funko Pop! vinyl figurines, toys, pins, consumables, and more.
The full lineup of Crunchyroll’s merchandising partners for The Junji Ito Collection include:
- Abysse (EU) – apparel, beverage, home decor, impulse accessories
- Animegami – scale figurines and statues
- Ata-Boy – enamel pins, buttons, and magnets
- CREATURE Skateboards – skateboard decks, stickers, and tee shirts
- CTC Foods – cookies and Ramune soft drinks
- Fashion UK – apparel, outerwear, hats, bags, and accessories in the European Union.
- Funko – vinyl figures and toys, key chains, pen toppers, pins, consumables
- IDW Publishing – artbooks, coloring books, notebooks, sketch books, portfolios, table top games, trading cards, tarot cards, and more
- Just Funky – auto accessories, home decor, bed and bath items, as well as beverage and dining merchandise
- Ripple Junction – apparel, outerwear, hats, bags and accessories
- Trends International – posters, wall art, and stickers