Dr. Seuss Enterprises is rolling out its “Oh, The Places You’ll Go!” licensing program just in time for graduation season. The line-up spans categories including footwear, apparel, plush, giftware, publishing, décor, and more from partners such as Skechers, Build-A-Bear, MantraBand, Random House Children’s Books, and Oriental Trading Company.
Since its publication in 1990, “Oh, the Places You’ll Go” has sold over 15 million copies and become a quintessential gift for graduates. The merchandising program is meant to encompass the message of the book, featuring artwork and well-known quotes. Among the product lines fans will find at retail this graduation season are:
- Class of 2021 Clothing Collection: Available in men’s, women’s, and youth sizes exclusively at Amazon.
- Hallmark Greeting Cards: Greeting cards featuring illustrations from Dr. Seuss’s beloved book.
- Build-A-Bear: The “Oh, the Places You’ll Go!” Bear is a colorful teddy bear inspired by the illustrations in the book.
- MantraBand: An “Oh, the Places You’ll Go!” MantraBand bracelet.
- Random House Children’s Books: In addition to “Oh, the Places You’ll Go!” published in 1990, Random House Children’s Books have published additional titles featuring the themes of the original tome including a coloring book and hardcover activity book. They also offer the original book translated into Spanish.
- Skechers: Expanding on their Dr. Seuss-themed collection, Skechers will be debuting a brand new range of footwear for women and girls from the Skechers BOBS, Skechers Street and Skechers Kids collections featuring the art of the “Oh, the Places You’ll Go!” book.
- Tervis: An “Oh, The Places You’ll Go!” travel mug.
- BioWorld: BioWorld created a range of giftware including mugs, pens, and journals featuring the art of “Oh, the Places You’ll Go!,” exclusively available at Walgreens.
Dr. Seuss Enterprises will also celebrate graduation festivities by partnering with Fujifilm for a social media giveaway that kicks off on Instagram and Facebook June 1. Graduates and fans can enter for a chance to win a copy of the book, a FUJIFILM X-E4 mirrorless digital camera with an XF27mmF2.8 R WR lens, and other “Oh, The Places You’ll Go!”-themed swag by uploading photos of themselves in their graduation gowns, or embarking on other exciting journeys (whether symbolic or real) using the hashtags #OhThePlacesYoullGo and #OhThePlaces2021.
“’Oh, The Places You’ll Go!’ has truly become iconic for the inspiration that new graduates, or really anyone going through a life transition, can draw from the book,” said Susan Brandt, President of Dr. Seuss Enterprises. “Working with best-in-class partners as well as through our promotion with Fujifilm, we are very much looking forward to giving the class of 2021 more ways to immerse themselves in the magic of ‘Oh, The Places You’ll Go!’”