A handful of powerful brands are responsible for the vast majority of licensing in the adult licensing space. At this point, Playboy, Penthouse, and Hustler are far removed from their publishing roots. These brands have been established as lifestyle brands of their own accord with products that forego the adult elements that one may associate with these brands.
Despite the recession, consumers are still drawn to licensed travel products.
The classic battle of good vs. evil ranges on with this look at the action figure category. It’s one that is brimming with classic, evergreen properties. These evergreens remain strong due to refreshes in each brand from top to bottom, offering new heroes, new villains, or new conflicts.
Following on Chrysler’s decision to separate the Dodge car and Ram truck brands, Brand Sense Partners (bsp), which manages the brands for licensing, is sowing a crop of new licensing opportunities for both brands. In addition, the separation of the brands also allows bsp the opportunity to focus in on each brand’s core consumer. Below, bsp’s president, Ramez Toubassy, discusses the opportunities that separating the Dodge and Ram brands offers the brands’ licensing programs.
- Luken and Classic Media to Launch New Network
- Discovery Enterprises to Rep Hasbro Studios at APEX TV
- Hallmark Taps Out of the Blue for Asteroid Andy
From May 11–15, the Jacob Javits Convention Center will host the 25th annual Surtex. The trade show launched in a time when there was very little licensing taking place in the art licensing space and has grown in prominence as the category itself has grown exponentially.
Earlier this year, Global Icons signed on to represent the Ford Motor Company worldwide for licensing. Global Icons intends to support Ford’s brand initiatives by increasing brand exposure through product offerings worldwide. Global Icons’ CEO, Jeff Lotman, talks about the developing Ford program.
- WB Interactive Entertainment Announces Sesame Street: Ready, Set, Grover!
- Amtrak Signs Chuggington Deal
- NBCUniversal and Walgreens Team Up
- Homer Simpson Debuts on the TomTom App For iPhone
- Brand Sense to Expand Oneida Brand
- Kellytoy Appointed Partner for ‘Strange’ Plush Toys
- A2 and Build-A-Bear to Bring New Products to Market
- Toy State Named Exclusive Licensing Partner for DUB Vehicles