YOTTOY is celebrating its silver anniversary with a range of new offerings, including the debut toy assortment inspired by The Busy World of Richard Scarry, along with new characters from the Little Golden Books series. This year, YOTTOY is also marking big milestones for several properties in its “toy box,” including the 75th anniversary of Spotty Bunny, 65th anniversary of Eloise and 50th anniversary of Frog & Toad. YOTTOY will showcase its latest assortment of toys at 2020 Toy Fair New York, February 22-25, 2020, Javits Convention Center, Booth #6034.
“We are incredibly excited about our new toys this year, including our introductory line of soft toys based on The Busy World of Richard Scarry,” said YOTTOY President and Founder Kate Karcher Clark. “In addition to celebrating our 25th anniversary in the toy business, we are marking important anniversaries for favorite brands from childhood with sweet offerings that will let children and families make meaningful new memories with these classics that have been loved for generations.”
Richard Scarry’s 300+ books have sold more than 100 million copies worldwide. YOTTOY’s offerings capture the characters from the world of Busytown with features such as wooden wheels and clear plastic headlights for more “go go go” appeal. The initial line, available beginning this summer, includes:
- Huckle Cat in Blue Car – Huckle Cat Soft Toy is made of white plush with orange accents and dressed in a bright yellow shirt, grey pants, and red suspenders. Huckle Cat Soft Toy sits in a soft blue plush go-cart with working wooden wheels, clear plastic headlights, and contrast interior.
- Lowly Worm in Red Apple Car – Lowly Worm Soft Toy stands 7.5 inches tall and is dressed in a blue and green outfit, red sneaker, bowtie, and green alpine hat with yellow grosgrain trim. Lowly Worm fits inside an apple-shaped car, made of red plush with orange tricot interior. Lowly’s Apple Car has headlights and working wooden wheels.
- Bananas Gorilla in Yellow Banana Car – Made of long brown fur and dressed in red cap, blue plush jacket, brown pants, and embroidered wrist watches, Bananas Gorilla comes in a yellow plush Bananamobile, complete with clear headlights and working wooden wheels.
- “What Do People Do All Day” Hardcover Book – This illustrated book inspires curious young readers to learn new words and meanings as well as how construction workers, firefighters, farmers, doctors, and others keep Busytown running smoothly every day.
Also new this year are two additions to YOTTOY’s Little Golden Books soft toy collection, bringing together classic characters illustrated by Gustaf Tenggren and Tibor Gergely with new personalities illustrated by Joey Chou. Available starting this summer are:
- Little Golden Book Unicorn Soft Toy – This new character from the Little Golden Book, “I’m a Unicorn,” illustrated by Joey Chou, stands with sparkly horn, star embroidery, pastel coat, and textured lavender mane and tail. Also available is the hardcover book, “I’m a Unicorn.”
- Little Golden Book Dragon Soft Toy – With crimson velvet wings and textured scales on a velvety blue-green coat, this Dragon is inspired by Joey Chou’s illustrations in the new Little Golden Book “I’m A Dragon.” This Dragon Soft Toy is detailed with shiny purple velvet muzzle and ears as well as felt horns, claws and tail spikes. Also available is the hardcover book, “I’m a Dragon.”
Also new to YOTTOY’s book-based toy lines are additions to the company’s Mo Willems collection; Paddington Bear plush inspired by the books written by Michael Bond and illustrated by Peggy Fortnum; and new offerings for Little Blue Truck, based on the books by Alice Schertle. These include:
- Mo Willems’ Pigeon and Duckling Finger Puppets – The Pigeon and Duckling Finger Puppets inspire creative interactive play as a duo, handmade of sewn tricot with screen-printed eyes, felt wings, and beaks. Through role play, The Pigeon and Duckling encourage social skills and imagination. Available summer 2020.
- Mo Willems’ Bus Pencil Case – Constructed with water-resistant printed fine-woven canvas, this pencil case has a sewn twill fabric interior and chunky plastic zipper to hold pens, pencils, markers, and other essentials on the go. With The Pigeon this accessory also features Willems’ most popular characters – Elephant & Piggie, Knuffle Bunny, Duckling, Leonardo, and more – seen in the windows all around. Available now.
- Classic Paddington 8.5-inch Seated Bear Soft Toy – Inspired by Peggy Fortnum’s original Paddington illustrations, this new Paddington style is made of honey-brown plush. Design details include shiny black eyes, brown flocked nose, and embroidered smile. With signature blue soft fleece coat complete with hood, red felt hat, wide open arms, and “Please look after this Bear” tag, this Paddington is available now.
- Classic Paddington 12-inch Seated Bear Soft Toy with Marmalade Sandwich – Made of honey-brown plush with embroidered smile, this new Paddington style sports a red felt bush hat and removable hooded fleece coat accented with embroidered details. Inspired by Peggy Fortnum’s illustrations, this Paddington wears his famous “Please look after this Bear” tag, with a marmalade sandwich sewn to his paw. Available summer 2020.
- Little Blue Truck Jack-in-The Box – With this new spin on a classic Jack-in-the Box, hear “Pop Goes the Weasel” as the crank is turned until a plush Toad pops out. The decorated tin box features Jill McElmurry’s illustrations of Little Blue Truck traveling down a muddy country road. Made of durable metal, this Jack-in-the-Box provides long-lasting fun and helps little ones develop auditory and visual awareness through play. Available summer 2020.