Justin Time Appoints New Agents, Partners
Guru Studio, a leader in children’s entertainment, has signed Ferly (formerly Kaiken Entertainment) to represent publishing rights in all markets excluding Italy and Iberia, and appointed Atlantyca Entertainment to be the exclusive licensing agent in Italy for Justin Time.
Ferly looks to secure a range of publishing partners around the world for the hit animated series. Atlantyca will pursue all consumer products categories for the brand in Italy, in addition to expanding into publishing, interactive, and special live-stage events.
Justin Time currently airs in more than 138 countries worldwide and has been recognized with multiple award nominations including six Annie’s and two Emmys. The series features 74 x 11-minute episodes and two 22-minute special mini movies, centering on the adventurous Justin and his imaginary pals Olive and Squidgy. Together they travel to every corner of the world, as Justin’s imagination catapults them into adventures set in different points in history.
Nick, Sambro in Pan-European Deal for New Toy Launch
Nickelodeon International has entered a pan-European, multi-year toy partnership with Sambro. The new agreement expands Nickelodeon’s relationship with Sambro to include more properties, product categories, and European markets.
As part of the expanded partnership, Sambro will develop a complete new range range of outdoor and novelty toys, arts & crafts, stationery and bags, plus new educational games and roleplay sets for Nickelodeon and Nick Jr. branded products as well as select character brands.
This partnership with Samrbo is Nickelodeon’s broadest rights deal with a single partner in Europe. A new product line will launch in spring/summer 2019 and will include PAW Patrol, Shimmer & Shine, Nickelodeon Slime, Nella the Princess Knight, Rusty Rivets, Nick 90’s, and more.
Nickelodeon will showcase Sambro’s Nickelodeon Slime product at Brand Licensing Europe, in the National Hall, D10.
Preschool Brand Clangers Gets Online Shop
Coolabi Group announced a new partnership with online wholesale and gift retailer Star Editions to produce a dedicated online shop for its preschool property, Clangers, in advance of the brand’s 50th anniversary celebrations in 2019.
From T-shirts to cushions, mugs to magnets, coasters to tote bags and stationery, a brand-new range of Clangers products will be exclusive to the e-commerce shop and will be available to ship from today at shop.clangers.com
The new range of products will also have the option to be personalized. Little Clangers will introduce bespoke gifts created specifically for children.
To tap into the huge nostalgia audience of the original Clangers series, Coolabi will also launch the Heritage range, which will include Smallfilms’ artwork from co-creator Peter Firmin.
The new deal follows Coolabi’s most recent announcement that a third series of the BAFTA winning preschool animation, Clangers, is in production and will broadcast on CBeebies in 2019.
Mattel Announces New Product Deals Ahead of BLE
Mattel announced new deals for its brand portfolio heading into Brand Licensing Europe this week, spanning sports gear to apparel.
MV Sports celebrates Hot Wheels 50th anniversary with the launch of a new range of bikes, scooters, and protective gear. The company also partners with the Barbie brand, which will celebrate its 60th anniversary in 2019. The wheeled and outdoor toy range will feature products in the Barbie pink and contemporary brand colors.
Mondo Motor will introduce a comprehensive range of Hot Wheels R/C toys that includes new additions Dragon Fire and Muscle King.
Fashion UK will launch a new daywear collection featuring graphics from the brand that will hit shelves this November, while Sambro is partnering with Fisher-Price for branded dough compound products.
Epic Rights Names New Partners for Authentic Hendrix Retail Program
Epic Rights and Perryscope Productions, the exclusive worldwide merchandising agents for Authentic Hendrix and Experience Hendrix, announced global retail licensing partnerships with manufacturers and licensees to develop a comprehensive Authentic Hendrix retail program.
The announcement comes shortly after news of the Jimi Hendrix Electric Ladyland 50th Anniversary reissue and box set. The Electric Ladyland box set, to be released November 9, will include never-before shared music, photography and artwork. The all-new, official Jimi Hendrix e-commerce site is offering an exclusive Electric Ladyland 50th Anniversary bundle. Additionally, new and unique products are available on the Jimi Hendrix Amazon Store which has become the Hendrix go-to since its spring launch.
Building on this momentum, Epic Rights and Perryscope Productions have secured more than 50 licensees in multiple product categories, with plans to introduce exclusive capsule collections and one-of-a-kind merchandise promotions, to be announced in the months to come.
Some of the licensees appointed for the program include:
Licensees with North American rights:
- ACCO for Calendars
- American Classics for Apparel
- American Needle for Headwear
- Bentex Group for Infant and Toddler Apparel
- C&D Visionary for Fan Merch
- C-Life Group for Apparel
- Chaser for Fashion Apparel
- Get Primped for Fashion Tops
- H3 Sportswear for Accessories
- Impact Merchandising for Apparel
- Liquid Blue for Apparel
- Lucky Brand for Apparel
- NTD for Apparel
- Philcos for Apparel and Accessories
- Rockin Pins for Enamel Pins
- Stoned Immaculate for Fashion Tops
- Trevco for Apparel (e-commerce)
- Wildcat Retro Brands for Apparel & Headwear
Licensees with Worldwide and International rights:
- Amplified for Apparel (Worldwide excluding North America)
- Aquarius Entertainment for Posters, Puzzles & Calendars (Worldwide)
- Licensing Essentials for Apparel & Accessories (Australia/New Zealand)
- Live Nation for Apparel (USA, Europe, South America & Southeast Asia excluding Japan)
- Lucie Kaas for collectible Kokeshi Dolls (Worldwide)
- MJC for Sleepwear (Worldwide)
- EMP Merchandising for Apparel & Accessories (Europe)
- Pan Inc. for Apparel & Electronic Accessories (Asia)
- Rock Off Trade for Apparel & Accessories (Worldwide, Excluding North America)
- Bioworld for Apparel & Accessories (Worldwide)
- Blitzway for Collectible Figures (Worldwide)
- Bluescentric for Apparel for e-commerce (Worldwide)
- Brands In for Apparel & Accessories (Worldwide)
- Junk Food for Apparel (Worldwide)
- Knucklebonz for High End Collectible Figures (Worldwide)
- MadeWorn for High End Fashion Apparel (Worldwide)
- Molecule8 for High End Collectible Figures (Worldwide)
- Strax for Fine Art (Worldwide)
- GB Eye for Posters and Domestics (Worldwide excluding North America)
- Pyramid for Wall Art and Stationery (Worldwide)
- Titan Publishing for Comic Books (Worldwide)
The full Authentic Hendrix retail licensing program will be available at department, specialty and mass stores spring 2019.