Beau James, a 40-year veteran of the toy industry, has died. He received the 2019 ASTRA Lifetime Achievement Award shortly before his passing.
- Appointments at Saban Brands
- New Hires at Sesame Workshop
- Beau James Group Renamed Partners in Play; Hires Wells
- Thomas & Friends to Reach Parents in Mexico
- Lundby Returns to the U.S.; Beau James Company President
- Beau James Resigns from Corolle
- Rocket Licensing, Licensing Street Named for Driver Dan’s Story Train
The Chicago Toy & Game Group revealed the winners of the 12th annual TAGIE Awards, recognizing top toy and game innovators from around the world.
- Toysmith Named an Exclusive Distributor for Spin Master
- KidSource Named North American Distributor for Viking, Quercetti, and Mojo
- LEGO Gaming Publisher TT Games Opens New Mobile Games Studio
- Chinese Company Meisheng Seeks to Acquire Majority Shares in Jakks Pacific
- ASTRA Announces Toy Fair Programs for Independent Retailers
- LIMA to Induct Elias Fasja-Cohen, Brian Goldner into Licensing Hall of Fame
WildBrain CPLG, one of the world’s leading entertainment, sport and brand licensing agencies, is consolidating its representation of Hasbro and eOne properties with the addition of Italy (Hasbro and eOne) and India (Hasbro only) to its remit. Additionally, WildBrain CPLG’s existing representation deal has been renewed, under which the agency handles Hasbro/eOne’s portfolio of brands in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE), Benelux, the Nordics and Turkey.
Award-winning global animation studio ZAG announces the launch of its first toy line from the new ZAG Play Toy division that will be unveiled at the Spielwarenmesse-Nuremberg Toy Fair. The first toys, across ten categories, all feature the company’s flagship brand, Miraculous – Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir, to be followed with products for the fun-filled action-adventure series Ghostforce, and the animated feature Melody, starring singer, songwriter, and actress Katy Perry. The announcement was made by Jeremy ZAG, Founder and CEO, ZAG.
Who killed Boddy Black? Solve the mystery in a suspenseful and newly reimagined Clue board game early next year! Hasbro, Inc (NASDAQ: HAS), a global branded entertainment leader, announced that the iconic mystery-solving board game Clue received a refresh that combines classic Clue gameplay with rich new takes on the original murder mystery storyline, an intriguing diverse cast, highly-stylized game pieces, and the glamorous Tudor Mansion. The next chapter of Clue is now available at most major retailers for fans.