- Jakks and NantWorks Create DreamPlay Toys
- TOMY Named Global Master Toy Partner for Pokémon
- Mike the Knight Heads to Latin America
- The Hive Joins Disney Junior TV Lineup
- Fishing Company Rapala Signs The Wildflower Group
Earlier this month, Miniclip.com, an online and mobile games company, entered into an exclusive agreement with Albie Hecht, CEO of Worldwide Biggies, to bring Miniclip’s top gaming properties to TV and the web. The partnership with Worldwide Biggies is part of a long-term global brand extension campaign that will leverage Miniclip’s online brand with consumers in a variety of ways. Hecht was responsible for the development and launch of Nickelodeon’s SpongeBob SquarePants, Kids’ Choice Awards, and Dora the Explorer. aNb Media spoke with Bergstresser about the company’s growth and future strategy.
- Saban Teams with McDonald’s for Happy Meals Toys
- Constantin Film Appointed Sony for Mortal Instruments: City of Bones
- Nicole Richie Segues Into Beauty
- Mandalay Bay Launches Licensing Program
Round 5 was recently named the master toy licensee for ZeptoLab’s best-selling app Cut the Rope. In partnership with Studio Licensing, Inc., and Established Brands, Inc., Round 5 earned the multi-year exclusive licensing agreement to manufacture and produce product across toy categories, including figures, plush, and playsets, that will reflect the brand and its candy-eating monster Om Nom. Round 5 will work with a major national retailer partner for a December launch in the U.S. with a full rollout set for spring 2013, across territories including Asia, South America, the U.S., as well as the UK and Australia.
- HGTV, Disney Launch Interactive Experience at Comic-Con
- Ceaco Launches Brainwright Brand
- IMC to Represent AT&T
- Blip Launches Out of This World Brand
- Hotel Transylvania Director Inks Overall Deal with Sony
- So So Happy, Skelanimals Sign New Master Apparel Licensee
- Fox Signs Deal for Glee Comics
- Marvel Super Heroes Apparel Heads to College
- Robin Zingone Signs New International Deals
- The Hub Names Kaplan CMO
- GLM Hired O’Keefe
- Mind Candy Taps Ward for New Position
- Warner Music Group Hires Wright; Promotes Curran
Licensing efforts for the UK animated preschool series Peppa Pig are ramping up as it prepares for its debut at retail in the U.S. this August. Peppa Pig currently airs daily at 12 p.m. EST on Nick Jr. and is created and produced by Astley Baker Davies (ABD) and distributed by E1 Kids, a division of Entertainment One (eOne).
Beginning July 27 and running through August 12, sports fans around the globe will turn their attention to London for the 2012 Summer Olympics. And whether you are rooting for your favorite swimmer, gymnast, volleyball player, or cyclists, all U.S. fans can don Team USA gear in support.