Prepare for the future!
Volatility and disruption are the new watchwords in the toy marketplace. From shifting consumer preferences and behaviors reshaping the retail landscape and driving financial risks, to the threat of 25 percent tariffs on all toys manufactured in China, to the search for investment capital, toymakers want to know how to protect their companies while implementing fresh growth strategies. The toy industry’s premier gathering, the Annual Business Conference, co-hosted by The Toy Association and Target, is certain to challenge assumptions, open eyes, and mobilize toy professionals to take on the rapidly-changing business environment by delivering actionable concepts that can be immediately implemented in your companies and offering ample networking opportunities with peers.
Taking place Tuesday, June 18, to Wednesday, June 19, in Target’s hometown of Minneapolis, the Annual Business Conference features industry, finance, and retail leaders including Target executives, The NPD Group, toy industry CEOs, CIT Commercial Services, and others, in both open sessions and intimate workshops addressing critical industry topics, including:
- The latest on the U.S.-China trade war and impending tariffs
- Protecting your intellectual property rights and brands from counterfeits
- The future of brick-and-mortar and online retailing, licensing, digital marketing, sustainability, branding, importing, and product innovation presented by Target executives
- Exploring the impact of online influencers on today’s marketing strategies
- Capitalization, business valuation, and venture capital strategies with case studies from seasoned toy industry executives
- Finance and credit tactics
You can check out the full conference agenda at: www.toyassociaton.org/abc.
Everyone in the toy, play, and youth entertainment communities – together with our partners in retail – is in need of answers and insight to conquer the future. If you haven’t already booked your trip, I urge you to do so. You can register for the Annual Business Conference online.
I look forward to seeing you in Minneapolis next month.
President & CEO
The Toy Association