With today’s concerns about childhood obesity and unhealthy lifestyles, parents are eager to get their children outside to play. Few categories help them do that in the way that sports toys can. With the innovative steps manufacturers are taking, parents may not have to push their children too hard to go out and play.
Even though the Harry Potter saga comes to an end this year (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows—Part 2 hits theaters July 15), the Harry Potter licensing program continues to work its magic.
Jazwares, Inc., which launched in 1997, has taken on a number of high-profile licenses over the past few years. The company offers a wide array of toys, electronics, and stationery products featuring Sonic the Hedgehog, WWE, Strawberry Shortcake, Ben 10, Hershey’s, and many others. The newest addition is Star Wars. Also, the company has developed proprietary lines such as this year’s Mix Pups.
- Royaltie$ Launches Media Event
- Walmart to Take Bite out of The Big Apple
- CPSC Launches Safety Info Database
- Big Bird in China
- Nat Geo, Uncle Milton Partner for Toy Lines
- Jewel Branding & Licensing to Represent Crown Crafts’ NoJo Line
- CPLG Debuts Inspector Gadget App
- Callaway Creates Thomas & Friends App
- Where’s Waldo in Hollywood? App Now Available
- AC Bats Signs with No Errors
- Kyman Joins Sony
- Changes at Target Entertainment
- Lizan Upped at ICSC
Celebrity brands are still one of the strongest categories in licensing today and companies such as Bradford Licensing are well aware of the draw that the right name can have for the right licensing deal. Bradford Licensing president Michelle Minieri talks with aNb Media about one of Bradford’s newest clients to enter the celebrity licensing category: Denise Richards.
- TRU Remains Open for 88 Hours
- Walmart’s Toys and More Event
- CPSC Bans Drop-Side Cribs
- American Greetings Stationery Deal in Italy
- Lisa Marks Assoc. Signs My Friend Ronnie
- DeLorean Signs More Licensees
- New Licensees for It’s Happy Bunny
- CNE Extends Disguise’s Bakugan Deal